• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Received my PRS tripod today.....

BenY 2013

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2012
SW Arkansas
.....and all I can say is wow! I ordered the large model, I love that I can go from standing to prone so easily. It is very much worth the money! I love it, thank you PRS for putting together such a great tripod!

Re: Received my PRS tripod today.....

Glad you are pleased with the PRS tripod/cradle. Danel is good people and his products are first-rate!!

Danels gear is top notch. You will love the tripod and cradle. Ues your imagination and it will help in every situation. Enjoy. Brock

i need one of these

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mountain Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Danels gear is top notch. You will love the tripod and cradle. Ues your imagination and it will help in every situation. Enjoy. Brock </div></div>

True story.
smile.gif

I've had a large PRS for a couple years now and it works great. Very tough piece for sure. I need to order a few more adaptor plates for mine and I also need a small saddle.

love their cradle stone simple and rock solid. good stuff!!

Thank you for the kind words and support. Getting to know our customers and listening to what y'all need is what makes PRS so much fun. We have several things in the works and it never seems to happen as fast as we would like but we are moving forward. Earlier this summer we introduced our own quick release plates for the ball heads on the tripods we offer. The SLIK plates were becoming unicorns and hard to get so in response we made our own from billet aluminum and hard coat anodized them and think we have a great addition to our products.
ingvo6.jpg

2n4ort.jpg

Please do not hesitate to email, PM, or give us a call if we can be of any assistance. Comments are always welcome, as feedback leads to better products.
Thank you once more for your business and continued support.

I was very impressed with PRS after ordering a tripod and mount for my Bushnell RF binos. So impressed I ordered a set up for my father-in-law. Good folks.

What size tri pod for kneeling and standing would you folks recommend?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scotch egg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What size tri pod for kneeling and standing would you folks recommend?

</div></div>

Large

im about to pull the trigger and buy one of these also. im thinking about the medium though

I was thinking about the medium, but the large isn't that much bigger folded up and can go to the standing position all the way to the prone.

I have a large tripod for my spotting scope, and a small one for my laser rangefinder. Great tripods, sturdy but lightweight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jAXDIALATION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which size cradle is recommended for the AIAX Chassis? </div></div>

I have the SSP1 and it works great with my AX chassis. Also, bino's rest very well on the tips of the cradle and my spotting scope fits in between perfectly.

They were out of the mediums when I ordered mine and I was concerned that the tall would be too high. I can't tell you how glad I am that I ended up with the large tripod. Prone might be a pain, but that's why I have a bipod attached to my rifle. Get the large.

Great people and a great product.

Get the "large" I removed the bottom of the center column on mine and stuck it in my pack. It unscrews very quickly and with it off I can shoot from prone to standing. I am 5'10" if you are taller you may want the center column for shooting while standing but I doubt it. I can get almost as low with my tripod as I can my Harris 6"-9" bipod. I want to say I shoot about 7" off the ground with the tripod and that is where I have my bipod adjusted for shooting prone. I went with the SSP2 saddle as I worried the SSP1 would be too tight for my M24. I am sure now that the SSP1 would have worked but I don't regret the SSP2 purchase. It gives me a little room to move my rifle side to side when tracking moving targets, but still give me all the support I need. It has the added bonus of fitting my Leica 1600 perfectly and doubling as a tripod mount for my rangefinder. When I order another PRS tripod, it will be the Large version with the SSP2 saddle.

PRS is awesome! My dept. ran a LE snipers class a couple of months ago. I contacted PRS to see if they would send up a demo unit, I was expecting a banged up "demo" unit. Nope, they sent up a brand spanking new one and said use it. We did and one of the students bought it. Every one liked it, good solid kit. Oh and thanks again PRS.

Definitely a great piece of kit, always have the large model in my pack.

My medium show up today, tried it out and loved how easy it was to make a stable shooting position sitting, knelling or standing. Liked it so much I ordered a large one and a couple QD plates. I will prob use the med tripod for the spotting scope and use the large for shooting, great gear!

Also just wanted to thank PRS for some of the best service I have seen in awhile!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that looks like a beast
whats the weight on them? </div></div>

While they offer full-size capability, the weight is hardly "beastly" by any measure.

The Large with the bigger, SSP-2 cradle weighs only 2.07lbs while the Medium and Small with the same cradle weigh in at 1.72lbs and 0.75lbs respectively. They are incredibly light in comparison with other tripod shooting rests on the market but that doesn't compromise their efficiency, usability and sturdiness whatsoever even with pretty heavy rigs resting on them.