• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Receiver "Sneak Peak"

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Hi,

Sneak Peak at our new receiver :)

We acquired the rights to the original Status Guns receiver design from New Zealand and made some functional changes to the bolt, etc. Production version bolt is complete and I should be able to get a few pictures up this weekend of it. The action body remained the same as the original design.

Awaiting Manners LTR stock so we can progress with testing our production/custom rifles.

All manufacturing will be done in USA :)

Oracle.jpgOracle1.jpgOracle2.jpg

Sincerely,
    THEIS

Last edited:
    I'll be keeping an eye on this for future projects. What length/bolt faces will you be looking to put out?

Hi,

We are going to do BMG, CT and anything in between.
    We are working on some new cartridges that are larger than CT boltface but smaller than BMG boltface too.

Sincerely,
    THEIS

Awesome, thank you. My next project is likely to be a 338 LAI or some similar flavor of a 338.

Awesome, thank you. My next project is likely to be a 338 LAI or some similar flavor of a 338.

Hi,

We are working on a new .338 project too :)
    Super heavy .338 projectiles from this case (Necked down of course lol)

4 Bore on far right, new case on left of it, parent case of the 375 Lethal Magnum to left of new case :)

New.jpg

Sincerely,
    THEIS

Last edited:
    Is the thought of the extra tennon length for more surface area to bed/clamp with making it more stable in the stock? From a fastener standpoint the extra threads on the barrel don't gain anything over standard length threads. I assume a conventional recoil lug will be used between the barrel and action?

Hi,

The thought is a few things but 1 of them you hit directly on...we are working on a "mounting system" that pretty much combines bottom metal, mini chassis, and barrel block all in one.
    Second thought was to provide longer threading area to support the weight of the super long and heavy barrels over a 6" length span than the normal 2-2.5" length span.
    As soon as the Manners stock arrives we will get high speed video showing barrel flex at the tenon area on this receiver vs the standard 2-2.5" tenon area.

Is this "oldman" from FCSA by chance or John A?

Sincerely,
    THEIS

Hi,

The thought is a few things but 1 of them you hit directly on...we are working on a "mounting system" that pretty much combines bottom metal, mini chassis, and barrel block all in one.
    Second thought was to provide longer threading area to support the weight of the super long and heavy barrels over a 6" length span than the normal 2-2.5" length span.
    As soon as the Manners stock arrives we will get high speed video showing barrel flex at the tenon area on this receiver vs the standard 2-2.5" tenon area.

Is this "oldman" from FCSA by chance or John A?

Sincerely,
    THEIS

I'm Garrett, also an FCSA member.

Sounds like it will make for a nice action. I like the extra solid material for bedding area, it's really sweet to have since its a repeater. Are you guys are fabricating the magazines? The mag looks top notch quality.

All factors equal the longer thread length will not increase clamping force or strength of the fastener. For barrel support it's all about shoulder diameter and the torque you put on those faces. When you do your high speed camera test make sure shoulder diameter, thread pitch and diameter, thread lube, and action torque are all the same between the two rifles for valid research data.

I'd have get out the Shigley Mechanical book if we really wanted to go deep. For now Fastenal has a good practical explanation on threads for anyone interested in the subject.

https://www.fastenal.com/content/feds/pdf/2017/02/Screw Threads Article rev 2017-02-21.pdf

I'm Garrett, also an FCSA member.

Sounds like it will make for a nice action. I like the extra solid material for bedding area, it's really sweet to have since its a repeater. Are you guys are fabricating the magazines? The mag looks top notch quality.

All factors equal the longer thread length will not increase clamping force or strength of the fastener. For barrel support it's all about shoulder diameter and the torque you put on those faces. When you do your high speed camera test make sure shoulder diameter, thread pitch and diameter, thread lube, and action torque are all the same between the two rifles for valid research data.

I'd have get out the Shigley Mechanical book if we really wanted to go deep. For now Fastenal has a good practical explanation on threads for anyone interested in the subject.

https://www.fastenal.com/content/feds/pdf/2017/02/Screw Threads Article rev 2017-02-21.pdf

Hi Garrett,

We also like the extra long tenon for the bedding area you mention but also we think it provides better bedding for the "glue in" option if someone chooses that direction.
    Yes we are going to make magazines so that we have a little extra length in them :)
    For the high speed camera testing the flex between normal barrel tenon area and our barrel tenon area..it will be done with exact same action. We will shorten one of our long actions so that everything remains constant....
    Can you PM which version of the Shigley Mechanical book you referring to? I am always up for a good reading.

Sincerely,
    THEIS

Hi Garrett,

We also like the extra long tenon for the bedding area you mention but also we think it provides better bedding for the "glue in" option if someone chooses that direction.
    Yes we are going to make magazines so that we have a little extra length in them :)
    For the high speed camera testing the flex between normal barrel tenon area and our barrel tenon area..it will be done with exact same action. We will shorten one of our long actions so that everything remains constant....
    Can you PM which version of the Shigley Mechanical book you referring to? I am always up for a good reading.

Sincerely,
    THEIS

PM sent.

Shortening up an action and comparing the two will be as good as it gets. Looking forward to hearing the results / seeing the video if you're willing to share.

Hi,

Either you provide contact at the action (action block/mini chassis) or you block the barrel (only). If you "block" all together you have done nothing but placed a metal "layer" between the barreled action and the stock. Including the bottom metal??? What does "blocking" all together do for you? What am I missing?