• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Recent build

Field

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2006
Albemarle , NC
Just wanted to show off the rifle I just finished

166.jpg

041.jpg

044.jpg

Re: Recent build

220 swift
action and bolt completely trued
Douglas or Hart barrel can't remember which
Mcmillan HTG
Graphite black Cerakote

Why did you put the second knob on top??? I guessing thats the illumination knob correct??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBONE536</div><div class="ubbcode-body">very nice </div></div>

can you be anymore obvious?

That fluting on the barrel is wicked. Who did that? Have you tried grating cheese with it yet? Tenderize some steaks?
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koobs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why did you put the second knob on top??? I guessing thats the illumination knob correct?? </div></div>

Oops! I forgot to also say.. That is VERY nice!!! I really like the barrel.

Nice work, but it negates the advantage of fluting. The barrel stiffness will now be the same as the smaller of the two diameters.

Fluting is to increase the stiffness to weight ratio.

-Steve

Yeah, but it looks good and chicks dig it. So who cares about barrel stiffness?....Except maybe the chicks, if the barrel is not stiff enough they may not want to use it. Hmmmm