• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recent experience with alpha mags

Surffshr

Beach Bum
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2009
SoTX
My Google searches turned up two very different opinions on the alpha mags with the older posts being very favorable and the newer posts being very critical. Anyhow, I'm needing two ten round SA mags and can't find AICS in stock. That has me considering the alpha's, but I'm concerned with the more recent experiences I've read. Info appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Recent experience with alpha mags

don't do it stick with AI bought 2 alpha mags they were crap. I am sure you will get several others say they are good but how many will you hear say AI are crap. have you checked with Eurooptic, Triad Tactical, and Mile High? if they are out check GA Precision

Re: Recent experience with alpha mags

I had to modify my two SA Alpha Type I mags with a hammer to function correctly in my AICS AX: the metal at the front of the mag sticks up too high for the mag to lock in correctly, so these little tabs must be flattened.

However, post-hammer-therapy the mags now work just fine in my AICS for Savage SA.

I also have a couple of Accurate Mag 10 round AICS mags and these work fine without any modifications.