• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

recipe 308 155 sierra mk palma

Re: recipe 308 155 sierra mk palma

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jkkfam89</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is there a recipe using relodaer 25 with SMK 155 gr? </div></div>

In a .308Win I don't think you could pack enough RL25 powder into the case to get meaningful velocity (+2800fps) and pressure would be below the standard peak. RL25 is too slow burning for the .308Win case capacity. It's designed for larger magnum cases.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jkkfam89</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is there a recipe using relodaer 25 with SMK 155 gr? </div></div>
Exactly. WAY too slow of a powder. You're about 4 powders away from the correct powder! (R15, R17, R19, R22, then R25) Look at a burn rate chart, and study some reloading tables, and you'll see why. Please read the reloading manuals and the load data so this will help to understand.

Varget, RL15 for starters with 155s. I am told H4895 gets the bullet cooking past 2800 with only 42 gr of powder. I need to try it out for myself.