• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recoloring AICS Stock Skins/IMUNS Questions

TurdFerguson

thinking sucks
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2014
Burgerworld
Got some Q's need some A's.

I am wanting to recolor my my AICS 1.5 skins to Olive Drab. I can't find spare sets any where and am thinking of just getting them cerokoted or hitting them with alumahyde? I am leaning away from cerokote due to having to blast and heat the skins. Are there other suggestions?

Also looking at going with a friend hog hunting in the future. May take the rifle, he has a clip on night vision unit I can borrow. I thought about buying a badger IMUNS for it. I have seen pics of the IMUNS on the flush cup model 1.5-2.0 chassis but have also read they do not work on the newer version. Is this true?

There's an IMUNS specificly for the AT chassis and one for the legacy AICS.

I tried to put an IMUNS meant for the legacy chassis on an AT and it's slightly off. So I put it on my old AW.

Reactions: TurdFerguson
There's an IMUNS specificly for the AT chassis and one for the legacy AICS.

I tried to put an IMUNS meant for the legacy chassis on an AT and it's slightly off. So I put it on my old AW.
Makes sense woukd I be safe in assuming the one on the badger website is correct?

Reactions: D_Lamz
I keep reading about hydro dipping the skins. Does that ruin the way they feel? can you hydro dip 1 color?

Hydro dipping doesn’t hold up for shit on plastic if you’re going to use it beyond carrying to your coffee table to take pictures. Cerakote is the way to go for longevity and plenty of people have cerakoted AI plastics with no issues.

Krylon holds up pretty well on plastics as long as you prep it and it will cost you all of a few bucks to do it without having to send them out.

Can’t speak to the flush cup chassis but I’ve got a legacy AICS 2.0 with the IMUNS and it was plug and play.

I keep reading about hydro dipping the skins. Does that ruin the way they feel? can you hydro dip 1 color?
The colors and patterns on hydro dip finishes are all integral to the film used. It's a pattern, like camo, printed on a special film so intricate patterns are done in one dip not multiple ones. I'm sure there's youtube videos that can explain it better.

So you can do a single color as long as the applicator offers single colors.