• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Recommenatation for Scope for new Tikka 300 Win.

emoney

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2013
This rifle will be used 90% for target shooting up to 600 yards. With the cost of rifle and brake at about $750 I would like to keep the cost of the target scope in that same range. I am leaning to a Sightron III 4-16X50. Other ideas are very welcome. And everyone have a great new year.
Regards,
emoney

For your purpose and budget, that's a good choice. I have the 8-32x56 on a 308 for the same use. No idea how tough it is, but I have found no faults with mine considering the $.

This rifle will be used 90% for target shooting up to 600 yards. With the cost of rifle and brake at about $750 I would like to keep the cost of the target scope in that same range. I am leaning to a Sightron III 4-16X50. Other ideas are very welcome. And everyone have a great new year.
Regards,
emoney

Was just going to mention that you must be looking at the SII or SII Big Sky, the SIII doesn't come in a 4-16x50. The SII and SII BS are both great scopes, the Big Sky being made in Japan. The downside is mil reticle paired with moa turrets.
For the $750ish price point, I'd look at:

SWFA SS 3-15x42
Vortex HS-T 4-16x44
Weaver 3-15x50 or 4-20x50

For a little bit more money, check out:
Sightron SIII 6-24x50
Sightron S-Tac 2.5-17.5x56
Bushnell Elite Tac 6-24x50
New Nightforce SHV 4-14x56 SHV | Nightforce Optics, Inc.
Vortex PST 6-24x50