• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommend a bag for carrying my Labradar that doesn't say "steal me" on it.

Ranger Bob

SFC, USA, Ret.
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2011
Sanger, Texas
rangermadeknives.com
I'm sure the Labradar bag is great but, my trust in mankind being what it is, I would prefer a bag without the giant flashing sign saying what it is. I'm sure others have gone before me in this so, what did you settle on for carrying your labradar and accessories? It would be nice if you could be specific or provide a link. Thanks.

Bob

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog
Well don't carry it in one of those insulated pizza delivery bags...because I might just accidentally grab it.

On a serious note... SKB...the makers of my giant 50" internal length gun case on wheels...makes a guitar peddle board padded carrying case that might be ideal for what you are looking for.

I’ve been debating hard vs soft case. I haven’t pulled the trigger on it but I’m looking at the Seahorse SE-720 or maybe the 710. The 710 doesn’t have a very thick bottom piece though. $79 on amazon so not much more than a soft case.

Reactions: Ranger Bob
I use a Harbor Freight Apache 3800 hardcase. It holds the Labradar, two USB battery packs, AA batteries for backup, trigger microphone and bracket, and power cords. Makes it even better to find on sale and with a 20% discount coupon (as I recall it was less than $30). This is one of the few items at HF worth buying.

The LR branded case is actually super nice. Padded, pockets for the manual and quick start guide, outside pocket for external battery, cable, and microphone trigger. And the best feature, velcro straps to keep the LR stand with the whole kit. It seriously sucks to get to the range for some data collection before a match, and have to jerry rig a stand that keeps blowing over after every shot.

Maybe consider going with he LR case and slip it into another nondescript bag?

I'm gonna say this - where are you taking your labradar where it isn't just one of many things worth stealing.

Fair point. My local range has a lot of guys I trust but, there are usually a couple who show up looking like they are testing a gun they just took in trade for meth. Those guys are generally drawn to shiny or bright colored objects...in my experience.

Bob

Reactions: deersniper
I use a blow mold case.

Fits a battery pack, triggers, mounting plate. The plate is laying against the top for the pic, there's a hole cut in the inner shell for the plate stud. I put a sheet of foam padding over the face of the MS and put the plate on top of it.

yep, a dummy sheet taped on the front because I sometimes forget how to operate the damn thing.

IMG_2966.JPG

Last edited:
Question to the gents putting the labradar in hard cases. Does the LabRadar warrant that level of protection, given its internal components? Or is it just a little more "hidden in plain sight" in a black box vs bright orange bag?

Mine gets carried a whole 3' max from my trunk to the bench I'm backed up to for testing. Im.not humping a labradar into the woods.

I find that unfair. I think the deer has a right to know the BC and MV of the bullet he got hit with. :)

• Haha
Reactions: padom
I find that unfair. I think the deer has a right to know the BC and MV of the bullet he got hit with. :)

Couldn't agree more, "equity and inclusion" is a comprehensive dynamic, and truly should apply to face shooting bucks.

Gents, thank you. I like the hard case ideas. I was in HomeDepot today and noticed some nice hard cases under $50.

I doubt most thieves are going to know what is in the bag or want to steal it.

Making it look like a guitar bag sound like a way to exponentially increase the chance of theft.

I found an older laptop bag at the Goodwill that holds the LabRadar, the battery pack and cables. Has straps to hold it snug and is just about perfect. It cost like $1.

When my stuff has to be in plain sight, it's stuffed in a dirty old duffel bag with strategically placed well worn gym shoes and a wet towel laying on top.

The actual equipment itself is in whatever case, that is then placed in the duffle.

6D420C16-BA54-4270-BC6E-03BB4B4EA9BB.jpeg
5D6DADD7-417E-48F2-A2D9-71598E0D4F50.jpeg

Pelican 1520 with kaizen foam. The middle layer has the labradar. The top layer has my stand. I intend to pick up a couple battery packs and cables. Those will go in the top layer with the stand. Should have plenty of room for other accessories if they come up.

• Love
anything with this sitting on it and a sign that reads Please try and steal this he or she bites but only a little .

I got a Cabelas double pistol hardcase and took the foam out. The Labradar in it's padded bag fits in as well as battery pack, cables, etc.

My $28 Amazon bag arrived today (gotta love Prime!). They call it a "Multi-function Military Tactical Laptop Bag". I think if it's the right color and you add MOLLE straps or a velco morale patch strip to it, it is certainly "military tactical". This bag has it all so...it's obviously awesome!

The Labradar fits nicely in the main compartment. There are two layers of padding on the back of the bag and one layer in front of the laptop compartment. Lots of pouches for storing associated stuff. I think I'm gonna keep it and give it a try.

2019-12-17_01-08-16 by Bob, on Flickr

2019-12-17_01-08-32 by Bob, on Flickr

2019-12-17_01-08-57 by Bob, on Flickr

2019-12-17_01-09-10 by Bob, on Flickr

My $28 Amazon bag arrived today (gotta love Prime!). They call it a "Multi-function Military Tactical Laptop Bag". I think if it's the right color and you add MOLLE straps or a velco morale patch strip to it, it is certainly "military tactical". This bag has it all so...it's obviously awesome!

The Labradar fits nicely in the main compartment. There are two layers of padding on the back of the bag and one layer in front of the laptop compartment. Lots of pouches for storing associated stuff. I think I'm gonna keep it and give it a try.

2019-12-17_01-08-16 by Bob, on Flickr

2019-12-17_01-08-32 by Bob, on Flickr

2019-12-17_01-08-57 by Bob, on Flickr

2019-12-17_01-09-10 by Bob, on Flickr

Like this, would love it with sans-molle