• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommend a Left Handed chassis or stock - R700 compatible

pineoak

Assistant Minion
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Cary, North Carolina
Limited selection/colors available compared to standard, but wanted to hear from the lefties what left handed R700 compatible chassis/stocks they prefer.

Thank you!

What is your purpose and budget? Plenty of good options, but some are better than others based on application

Reactions: Badjujuu
I've tried following:

MPA BA
XLR Envy
Foundation Centurion
Manners PRS TCS

Currently my two lefties are sitting in Manners and Foundation.

MPA and XLR are empty.

I like them all and they all have pros and cons.

Chassis are IMO better in customizing balance points, stocks just feel different and you might be greatful for a stock during cold months. .

Blasphemy.
We lefties are the only ones in our right mind.
I went with the XLR 4.0 Magnesium.
Trying to make a light weight rifle that I could carry all day.
I have not gotten to fire it yet so I can not say how it fires.

For a petite female (5'1") or small boy. Small hands.

Short trigger reach

Plinking, prone, tripod, bench, etc

Preferably with adjustable LOP even if requiring tools is fine

Budget is open but under $1k would be good

KRG Xray or Manners type stock are what im looking at now

Last edited:
MDT ACC with short buttstock
XLR Element or Envy
McMillan U10
KMW Sentinel

All the above have short/adjustable LOP and provide a closer than normal grip to trigger distance. I like Manners stocks, but the trigger is a country mile from the grip on the ones I've played with

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
For the money (purchased here used-so it wasn’t a whole lot more than a decked out bravo) I really like my Magpul Pro. But for a smaller statured shooter the Bravo would be near top of my list.

We make a whole variety of LH chassis and you can check them out on our site! As a left, I have shot just about all of them and can help answer any questions you may have :) For your purpose, I would suggest our LSS-XL chassis, or soon to be in production LH XRS!

MDT LH Chassis

- Josh

Reactions: Baron23
Being a Lefty myself...

I have or had at one time:

McRee
XLR
McMillan
Manners
HS Precision
KRG Bravo

For a small statured shooter, XLR & KRG Bravo win that race pretty easily, IMHO.

t

I recently converted a right hand stock to left hand. Couldn’t get a left hand Bergara stock; not even direct from Bergara.

3B52818C-C769-4BB9-980F-5D15DDAE41DF.jpeg
418C7EA7-880F-4CF4-9DEC-D7E3D56C91AC.jpeg
EAC901DE-5D3F-46D5-8D12-E2C24E76EDEE.jpeg

3CD603D8-D00B-46AB-944F-C607A453BA55.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of KRG W3 and the Vision chassis. KRG W3 is such a comfortable chassis and the vision is very fast and easy to adjust and offers a real folder for a lefty. It would be one of those 2 for me. I have both of course, and I have had several others but none were on the same level as those 2 are imo.

XLR has a huge range for LOP. Doesn’t get much shorter so it’s great for kids

I'll add another vote for MDT. I'm running an MDT LSS-XL Gen2 and it's pretty hard to beat.

VooDoo

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Can you give us some info on how you made the cuts/bolt relief so clean?
Great job!
I scribed a guide line with the action in the stock. Used a Dremel with sanding wheel at medium speed for ejection port cutting polymer. Had to use carbide bit for the aluminum

I also use tape as a guideline when practical.

As for the clean lines, really it’s just experience in using the Dremel. I get it close and use hand files or sand paper for touch up.

Sorry there is not secret magic here.

Reactions: Earnhardt
Limited selection/colors available compared to standard, but wanted to hear from the lefties what left handed R700 compatible chassis/stocks they prefer.

Thank you!
Magpul pro 700
They will be releasing a lighter weight version sometime this year.
Adjustable grip, can fold either direction, rock solid chassis.
I have two.

For a petite female (5'1") or small boy. Small hands.

Short trigger reach

Plinking, prone, tripod, bench, etc

Preferably with adjustable LOP even if requiring tools is fine

Budget is open but under $1k would be good

KRG Xray or Manners type stock are what im looking at now
I have smallish hands (and at 69 I also seem to be shrinking in height....ain't that a byatch?! haha) and trigger shoe to grip front strap seems pretty key to me for trigger control.

Pretty much most stocks with swept back grip area....well, I can shoot them and do so for hunting...but its far from optimum for me for good trigger position. I like vertical or close to it and close.

I am running two guns in JAE chassis with modified grips from MK Machining but JAE closed up shop, sold to MDT, and while MDT showed a "first item" at SHOT this last year, its not released and they are not quite sure when it will go generally available.

With all that said, I would suggest looking an MDT Vertical Grip Premier which fits all MDT chassis, Vision chassis, and pretty much any chassis that will accept an AR type grip. Its adjustable fore/aft.

Vision chassis are indeed very adjustable (as are many others), very high qual from my experience handing a friend's unit, certainly does accept an AR type grip like the MDT ones, and LOP is very adjustable not only at the butt pad but they seem to make a short "LOP Adapter" part between the body of the chassis and the butt stock and can get LOP down to about 12.25" which is fairly short.

Just some random thoughts.

Just something to think about as reaching the trigger comfortably and in proper position can be a challenge and for me its really a key characteristic that strongly influences the precision of my trigger breaks.

Last edited:
Reactions: pineoak
@pineoak
P.S. - meant to mention this, while Visions are really super nice, they also can be a bit pricey....like if you really load them up (folder, full length top rail, ect) you can get the price of one up to $2k or more so perhaps not in your budget.