• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommend a scope cover?

StampCreek

Minuteman
May 7, 2014
North Texas
Can y'all recommend a scope cover and vendor? Save me some googling time.

Thanks!!

I'd procrastinate more if I weren't so apathetic.

Thanks gang! Looks like Eagle's doesn't exist anymore but Triad makes one just like it.

Last edited:
Ours is better!
1. They come in two sizes
2. The securing straps can be moved
3. Made in the USA
4. They are a available!!

P8030001.jpg

Triad Tactical Padded Scope and Muzzle Cover

The Padded Scope Cover (PSC) Is made of 1000D Cordura material and the padding is 3/8" close cell foam.
The PSC comes in two sizes:
18.75" long and 5" tall and will fit objective lenses up to 56mm.
22.75" long and 5" tall and will fit objective lenses up to 56mm.

The muzzle cover is 8.5" long and will go over any diameter up to 1.5" (.30 cal suppressor).
The webbing attachment for the muzzle cover extends out to 21" from the front of the scope cover. This should allow it to accommodate barrels up to 32-34".
The webbing that covers the ends of the scope can be secured to the inside of the cover so that the scope can be used with the cover in place. The webbing is attached to the scope cover a little further down than some of our competitors covers. This allows the PSC to better fit over a large objective lens.
A sturdy webbing carry handle is attached at the top of the PSC for those that like a rifle that carries like a briefcase.
There is MOLLE style webbing secured down both sides of the cover. This allows you to move the attachment straps fore and aft so you can tailor the fit of the PSC to your rifle. This feature works great with magazine fed bolt guns or semi auto rifles. It also allow you to easily integrate a Trigger Defender from TIS

Last edited:
Ordered a bunch of stuff last night. I have one of two Triad pieces of kit already. Very happy with your stuff.

I'd procrastinate more if I weren't so apathetic.

Eagle has closed 1 location but the people I just spoke with in Virginia had a Kahki one for 103.00 ? I have done business with TRIAD so I will also look at theirs as well as I am not to much on all the tassels ? BUCK could fix them pretty fast but I am more concerned with thickness of padding around optik but 3/8 probably is standard? Wow y'all have a couple nice ones as i like that TAB model with all the dirt being kicked up where I shoot! But rain would not fix that problem here in NM as if we were to ever get any ? That 40.00 dollar one looks like a lot for the money !! Thanks for send the info TRIAD !!

Last edited:
I really like my scope coat flak jacket, nice and thick, quick to remove and it goes down a little to cover the action from dust and other particulates.

Eagle has closed 1 location but the people I just spoke with in Virginia had a Kahki one for 103.00

Wow, I'm impressed you even got somebody on phone at the consolidated Eagle/BLACKHAWK! location in VA. Eagle was a company that was started out of the trunk of the family car and the garage, and ended in the hands of ATK corp.

I am having issues deciding as I like a couple of the TRIAD ones and having issues as I am gettin one rifle dipped shortly in Kryptek Typhoon and have one already done in Kryptek Highalander! Which a Coyote cover would work well on!! Will these strapped up support a 10 to 15 Lb big bore by the carry handle without having to worry about dropping the rifle? I might have to put 1 rifle on a diet as it's a porker you guys do have some nice choices of color! Design is much better as well but I hate cleaning NM sand outta my rifles!! It would work nicely for strong gusts of wind that seem to come from nowhere and are full of fine particles of sand whic happens all the time but these are nice!! I also like the 130.00 model ! I will just call in my order here in a day or 2 !!

P6260033%20copy.jpg

That is the best color photo of our color options, you can compare to your needs.
The carry handle on our covers are both perimeter and cross stitched where they attach.
Ive never taken one to failure, but Ive moved plenty of rifles around with the handle.

Last edited:
I own two Triads. They are great!

One of mine-covers an S&B on an LMT .308. I've carried the heavy beast by the carry handle of the cover without concern.

Thanks for all the info guys as Ranger Green looks the closest to what I wanta match which is a gray cerakote and not real dark but it looks close enough !! Sure do not want black in NM as it would be tan in a month! My S&B is on my 338-378 as my LMT 556 has a VXR patrol on it and them things will take NM beatings! My S&B will wear one of these till I bugger it up a few times! LMT also has a piece of PELICAN foam getting ready to be cut ! Does Ranger green Look kinda gray to you guys ? Sure does not look green very much!

I think the Ranger Green will work with the darker gray colors in this Kryptek Typhoon a. What y'all say ?

Last edited:
I would think the weak link would be the plastic buckles, not the nylon straps. I would never trust my rifle to being suspended by plastic buckles, even three of them. But, that's just I, and my rifle.

I would think the weak link would be the plastic buckles, not the nylon straps. I would never trust my rifle to being suspended by plastic buckles, even three of them. But, that's just I, and my rifle.

They will be fine. By habit, I normally cup my hand under the mag are to carry anyhow.