• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommend a soft case for rifle

corbon

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2006
I've chosen a Storm case for my AIAW to protect it during transport, but what do you guys recommend for a soft case, brandwise for shorter trips?

Re: Recommend a soft case for rifle

Tac Ops Drag Bag

I finally got to play with one a bit.

Hands down the BEST softcase/drag bag on the market!!!

Everything about it is fantastic.

Only one problem I found with it.... You are going to want one for every rifle you own!!

Not to hijack but on the smae concept. Best case/mat combo?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doc1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would consider a Storm Field Soft Case
http://warrior-gear.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idcategory=55</div></div>

Thanks for the heads up on this soft case/ insert for the Storm hard case.

I've cobbled together systems like this in the past, shoving soft cases in the hard case in place of the foam so I could use the soft case when I got to where I was going for a match or training.

I wasn't aware that Storm had a system in place.

Eagle and Blackhawk are both GTG.

Eagle HSRC

Put it in the Storm case for travel. Use it to carry the rifle on the range.

Give TAB gear a look.

I like the grab and go, protects well in the rig and then once there, on the ground with bipod, unbuckle 4 buckles, slide the case off........
010.jpg

...place case under rifle like this and now every thing is with-in arms reach while prone.
005.jpg

Endless accessorizing with the PALS on the side. This is an old picture showing mag pouches, I have two additional pouches now (total of 6) to grab and go with every thing I need for a day. My TAB shooting mat slides over the barrel. When setting down the rifle on bipod with bead bag clipped to the butt end buckle, the bean bag goes automatic under the stock, its a good set up.
011.jpg

Tab Cover, its everything you need and nothing else.

Where is the love?

Get a soft case that fits in your storm or pelican for travel, its a shooting mat, holds magazines, supressors, and you can tell me how you want it built. That is everything you WANT, and nothing you dont.

bag3.jpg

bag7.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

and how many soft cases can you shoot comfortably and fully insulated and water proof like this:

2u8xjl3.jpg

dta3.jpg

Im a fan of Nicks stuff......Nick makes excellent kit and will make just about anything your heart desires
smile.gif

I like my McMillan Elberstock drag bag. It holds my rifle and range gear, and has a flip out panel that allows you to shoot off of it. Plus being for +50" rifles its plenty long enough to keep most of my 6'1" frame off the ground.

what are thoughts on the galati combo case and matt. clearance for $107

I recently received a Eagle multicam drag bag from Steve at Triad Tactical. My 26 inch barrel AI AW fits in it as though it were custom made for it. I dont like my rifle flopping around in a bag that is overly large. The fit is slightly snug.

I also like that just about every piece of material is multicam and not trimmed with OD or coyote brown.

Steve's eagle drag bags have the carry handles moved forward about four inches. This allows the bag to balance perfectly when loaded.

The stitching is also first rate and comes with a lifetime warranty. It is also made in the U.S.

This is one of the less bulkier drag bags that I have used.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vkc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about one of Eberlestock packs?</div></div>

I own and use a Eberlestock Gunslinger, great great gear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is the love?

Get a soft case that fits in your storm or pelican for travel, its a shooting mat, holds magazines, supressors, and you can tell me how you want it built. That is everything you WANT, and nothing you dont.

bag3.jpg

</div></div>I was going to post this had you not. THIs case is GTG, just got mine yesterday and I am very happy.

Tac Force Stryker bag. Great bag for the price. Cant beat it if your not looking to spend some big $$ on a soft case.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NY700</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what are thoughts on the galati combo case and matt. clearance for $107 </div></div>

Where? I like mine, but its so old its black (remember when black was in??)......