• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommend me a affordable bipod rail attachment

CK_32

Saving Ryans Privates
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2010
Need a affordable but quality bipod rail attachment for a harris bipod for my LR308 DPMS.

Just your basic 308 AR local match gun with a troy 13.8 rail. I need a bipod hook up for my harris bipod for precision matches and range day use.

Right now looking at GG&G rail swivel mount. Anything better in quality and lock up again with budget in mind? Wallets hurting enough already from the initial build.

these are the bipod adapters I purchase off of ebay for all of my rifles & they work great... I've purchased 5 of them so far and have only needed to shim the nut on one of them with a .10cent clear plastic washer from ace hardware as the threading didn't line up just right.. 100% solid

Fieldsport Extended Harris Bipod Adaptor | eBay

pic of the adapter on my ATH
IMG_7280_zpsa128bd15.jpg

Need a affordable but quality bipod rail attachment for a harris bipod for my LR308 DPMS.

Just your basic 308 AR local match gun with a troy 13.8 rail. I need a bipod hook up for my harris bipod for precision matches and range day use.

Right now looking at GG&G rail swivel mount. Anything better in quality and lock up again with budget in mind? Wallets hurting enough already from the initial build.

Is the one in your picture the one linked? Looks slightly different than yours.

I run the Larue and the ARMS. Both are nice, but the Larue is a bit pricey. But they do exactly what I need them to do. Best of luck, J

Last edited:
There are numerous options and none will break the bank (<$30), but beware of inferior quality of some of the cheaper alternatives like the ProMag crap, etc.

Here are a couple quality/inexpensive options I just pulled out for you to review (shop around though as you may find a better deal elsewhere):

GG&G Picatinny Rail Mounted Bipod Adapter AR-15 Billet Aluminum Matte

BIPOD ADAPTER | Brownells

And if you really want QD capability for easy swapping between rifles with rail attachment points (that one is listed at $66, but I routinely see them for <$60): American Defense AD-BP Harris Bipod Adapter Quick-Release

Good luck!

I have owned yhm and ggg adapters and you can not tell the difference between the ebay adapter i linked above.

I would only do this for a fixed adapter.... QD adapter is a whole different issue. All of mine are fixed.

There are numerous options and none will break the bank (<$30), but beware of inferior quality of some of the cheaper alternatives like the ProMag crap, etc.

Here are a couple quality/inexpensive options I just pulled out for you to review (shop around though as you may find a better deal elsewhere):

GG&G Picatinny Rail Mounted Bipod Adapter AR-15 Billet Aluminum Matte

BIPOD ADAPTER | Brownells

And if you really want QD capability for easy swapping between rifles with rail attachment points (that one is listed at $66, but I routinely see them for <$60): American Defense AD-BP Harris Bipod Adapter Quick-Release

Good luck!

Last edited:
I have owned yhm and ggg adapters and you can not tell the difference between the ebay adapter i linked above.

I would only do this for a fixed adapter.... QD adapter is a whole different issue. All of mine are fixed.

I have no experience with the ones you linked to above, E., so I can't comment on their quality/durability/etc., but I'm always a little leery of eGay stuff having been burned in the past on firearms parts/accessory purchases made based on price-point solely. I trust that they have worked for you as you indicated though and the OP should certainly consider them if the savings over one of the other products mentioned is worthwhile to him.

My comment on "inferior quality" adapters wasn't directed toward the one you mentioned at all, but some of the other garbage on the market like the one I mentioned by name, as well as some of the airsoft-quality knock-offs you see floating around. ;)

Yea I have no interest in QD for the bi-pod hook up. I'm going to give the Ebay lock a try if not I will go with the YHM. As long as the ebay blamp stays solid I doubt I'll be unhappy.

ive got a GG&G I dont use anymore you can have. I wont be home till Wednesday and need to make sure I can find it and it has all the parts(I seem to remember unscrewing the bipod lug for some reason and want to make sure I still have it).

Sportsman's Warehouse sells an adapter made by Stoney Creek or Rock Creek or some shit... Its an off-name brand but I have two of their cheap mounts and they work well for their intended purpose. They are not QD, but utilize a knurled hand screw to clamp it down. I'm getting ready to get rid of them and am looking into getting the Badger T.R.A.M.P. soon just to try something different and have a quick attach/detach capability.

DO NOT DISCOUNT THE BADGER T.R.A.M.P.

I've had 3 different permanent mounts, and tested these 4, as well as 1 additional in the past. I'll be using the TRAMP on every bipod I get from now till something insane comes out.

Using a harris bipod look into Upriser arms as a option, a bipod adapter with swing capability, great for moving targets. Lock the pin and it's a standard bipod adapter, the concept is really neat.
Use LRA bipods and have no use for one, so have not tried them.
But assume someone here has, and certainly worth a consideration.

Last edited:
I have used GG&G and just received a KAC bipod adapter, and they both seem to be made really well.

The price on both of them will run you $30ish, maybe closer to $40 for the KAC. I bought the KAC just to be able to say I own something from Knight.

Went with the eBay mount got it. It's a solid mount but I ran into one issue. When torquing the screws I think I felt the female screws in the attachment give out and strip. It's still on there solid but I emailed the seller to see if he can replace the unit. Aside from the threads it's actually a solid mount.

Thanks for the heads up Elf.

UPDATE - Was reshipped an Ebay mount. Decent mount aside from the screw strippage.

Last edited: