• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommend me a Source for Prefit Shouldered Barrels

I always try to achieve a 120% effort on my work.
No I'm not fast but you can expect accuracy beyond most people's expectations.
Thanks for those willing to wait for something special.
I'm working on a store within my website for prefits and bugnut barrels.
Thank you for supporting gradousrifles

i didn’t see a pre fit barrel selection on your website

Reactions: Skunkworx
i didn’t see a pre fit barrel selection on your website
("Hes working on it")
Be patient GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha
Reactions: Steel head
Quick update on this thread: Almost all of the barrels ordered last week are on delivery trucks already.

Straight Jacket Armory.

-Nick is awesome. Their business is exploding and he still takes calls on his cell phone and responds to text messages. I do not know the man at all, but he always answers calls, texts, and emails in less than 24 hours when able.
-Answers reloading questions and anything else I've been ignorant to or about whether or not it makes him money or is related to my order.
-Has allowed me to change my chambering on an order I placed for a Pre-fit, most shops aren't as willing/happy to do that for you.
-If necessary, you can call in to see what blanks are in stock, on their shelves in order to potentially cut your lead time down if you're flexible on brands, contours, etc.

Give them a shot, haven't heard complaints from anyone.

I don't know them for their work but I do know Nick a little bit based on some discussions we've had. He is an excellent guy, I would send him work if I wasn't doing it myself. Same with the folks at SAC, Gradous and Rubicon.

Straight Jacket Armory.

-Nick is awesome. Their business is exploding and he still takes calls on his cell phone and responds to text messages. I do not know the man at all, but he always answers calls, texts, and emails in less than 24 hours when able.
-Answers reloading questions and anything else I've been ignorant to or about whether or not it makes him money or is related to my order.
-Has allowed me to change my chambering on an order I placed for a Pre-fit, most shops aren't as willing/happy to do that for you.
-If necessary, you can call in to see what blanks are in stock, on their shelves in order to potentially cut your lead time down if you're flexible on brands, contours, etc.

Give them a shot, haven't heard complaints from anyone.

Nick has spun me up 2 barrels so far and I’ll be ordered a third from him soon. Highly recommend!

What do you guys prefer between Proof SS and Benchmark for AI's or in general? My experience with prefits has been with only Bartlein so far.

Reactions: deersniper
I ordered two Sako TRG shouldered prefits yesterday from PVA. They are running .308 and 6.5 barrels now. Told me they will ship by Monday. These will make number three and four for me from PVA. They have been very fast for me. The first two took about 2-3 weeks if I remember correctly. They have some barrels chambered and in stock as well with a $50 off coupon code.

Reactions: D1rtyHobo
What do you guys prefer between Proof SS and Benchmark for AI's or in general? My experience with prefits has been with only Bartlein so far.

I have 3 Proof stainless barrels. 6, 6.5, and 308. All shoot great, and appear to be pretty fast. That being said, after talking with Nick recently @ StraightJacket, I’ll be trying Benchmark for my next one.

Reactions: Cote0321
I have 3 Proof stainless barrels. 6, 6.5, and 308. All shoot great, and appear to be pretty fast. That being said, after talking with Nick recently @ StraightJacket, I’ll be trying Benchmark for my next one.
What did he say to change you mind?

What did he say to change you mind?

It wasn't anything bad per say against Proof, but he said he likes what he is seeing from Benchmark not only from their barrels, but customer service. Dude knows WAY more than I do about this stuff... so I'll take his word.

Reactions: Stoweit and LA260
I had a similar experience with LRI, I will be doing all my business in future with them after the work he did on this one.

I just had a shouldered prefit for a TL3 done by LRI. Customer service was top notch, work looks great, communication throughout the process with constant updates is the best I’ve seen from any company. You receive an update as every stage of the work is completed with photos. I had a proof carbon barrel chambered, threaded, cerakoted and put on my action. Turn around time was 3 weeks. Would definitely recommend them.

Reactions: Stoweit
For those considering them, Straight Jacket sent out an email today with a $50 off code on prefits or 10% off custom rifles

From now until this Sunday, get 50$ off prefits and barreled actions and free thread protectors. Saving you over 125$ on your order. use promo code "COVID" at checkout in the coupon box.

If your in the market for a custom built rifle, use code "spring10" to save 10% and get free shipping! this can save you up to $550! this code will even work on sale items!