• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommend some Steel Toe Work Boots

Dr. Martins! Wearing a 14 year old pair of industrial composite toe as I type and they have held up great in factory settings. Also used to sell Subaru in Dr. Martins shoes people always commented how nice they look.

Thorogood wedge soles are extremely comfortable and break in relatively quickly. Redwing if you want a stiffer boot with a longer break in. Shorten the break in period by dipping the boots in warm water, wearing them dry, then applying your favorite leather conditioner.

Dr. Martins! Wearing a 14 year old pair of industrial composite toe as I type and they have held up great in factory settings. Also used to sell Subaru in Dr. Martins shoes people always commented how nice they look.
Factory... Subaru... Dr Martens....

1665243443342.png

Sometimes the jokes write themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 6.5SH
Amazing Information. I really enjoyed reading this thread and discussion by the people. As someone who is involved in "Boots" for many years, I would like to refer www.workbootsweb.com. It’s not only focused on discussing the topic inside out but we have also compiled a list of the best waterproof work boots for various budgets. You won't need to search for more information if you visit my website.

Hope everybody enjoys reading the blog.

Hey @Alex 110 whats your favorite rifle? Do you compete in any shooting disciplines? How do you polish Velcro sneakers? Have you ever worked in concrete? What’s your bench max?

• Haha
Reactions: 101st

No dog in the fight. Best boots I ever had (and still have) were Keens.

Edit: After watching this video - Sketchers caugh me by surprise.

Last edited:
Amazing Information. I really enjoyed reading this thread and discussion by the people. As someone who is involved in "Boots" for many years, I would like to refer www.workbootsweb.com. It’s not only focused on discussing the topic inside out but we have also compiled a list of the best waterproof work boots for various budgets. You won't need to search for more information if you visit my website.

Hope everybody enjoys reading the blog.

F86B1636-77F2-4F30-B8A3-247F33EF6F0F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 101st
Alright, I've had a lot of different steel toes over the past 20 years, and I still have my 10+ year old Hoffman's that are serving me well, however, they're 14" tall, and heavy as hell. They were great when I was climbing trees, and running log equipment, but they're on their 3rd pair of soles and looking too rough to wear to some customers now.

I'm in technical sales. High dollar, precision equipment kind of stuff, and while half the time I'm in a steel or timber mill (and can wear my Hoffman's), the other half, I'm in front of mill owners, engineers, executives, etc. (aerospace, defense, military officers, etc.). I need something slightly more dressy than loggers, but still steel toe, and with a decent sole to give me some traction around a mill or test cell, etc... I'd also like something in the 6" range, since I need to pack them frequently for travel. And, per some site safety officers, they have to lace, no slip ons...

Price isn't a big concern, but I'm not springing for White's or the likes. Was interested in some Danner Bull Run's, but not sure the white wedge sole is very dressy? I;m sure there are others in a similar situation as me, and I'm curious what you wear when you need to have steel toes, but don't want to wear them the whole time youre traveling, etc.

Thanks for the tips!
Hello. i wore steel toed work boots when i worked in a fab. shop. the only time they ever came close to protecting me was when i slipped a length of welding lead off the bench and a 2 pound drilling hammer came with it. the hammer landed on my pinky toe just missing the steel cap. when i hobbled to the lunchroom and took off my boot my toe was black and blue but mostly black. when this happened i was already debating the wisdom of wearing them because my feet were freezing whenever i worked outside in the winter plus they weighed a ton. i understand shoe manufactures are making a composite toed boot. i had an opportunity to try them out and wasn't impressed. i do understand it's company policy in some places so you really got no choice there. i was just wondering what other guy's were thinking.

Hello. i wore steel toed work boots when i worked in a fab. shop. the only time they ever came close to protecting me was when i slipped a length of welding lead off the bench and a 2 pound drilling hammer came with it. the hammer landed on my pinky toe just missing the steel cap. when i hobbled to the lunchroom and took off my boot my toe was black and blue but mostly black. when this happened i was already debating the wisdom of wearing them because my feet were freezing whenever i worked outside in the winter plus they weighed a ton. i understand shoe manufactures are making a composite toed boot. i had an opportunity to try them out and wasn't impressed. i do understand it's company policy in some places so you really got no choice there. i was just wondering what other guy's were thinking.
Did you really join a gun forum to bring back a necro thread on boots because you honestly want conversation about the pros and cons of protective footwear?

I’ll answer for you. No, not at all.

Fuck off spammer.