• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommendation for action screws, REM 700

Space Jam Darimon

Private
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2021
USA
I just picked up a Magpul Hunter 700 SA stock for my Rem 700. I also have the detachable box magazine bottom metal from Magpul as well. The front action screw is to short and won’t catch at all and the rear goes in about a third of the way.

I don’t much care if they are stainless or colored. Just that if I have to cut them down that I can refinish them as it’s a hunting rifle and is out in the elements.

If you have a recommendation for some different ones it’d be much appreciated.

I just picked up a Magpul Hunter 700 SA stock for my Rem 700. I also have the detachable box magazine bottom metal from Magpul as well. The front action screw is to short and won’t catch at all and the rear goes in about a third of the way.

I don’t much care if they are stainless or colored. Just that if I have to cut them down that I can refinish them as it’s a hunting rifle and is out in the elements.

If you have a recommendation for some different ones it’d be much appreciated.
5018F9BE-BA5C-4118-B20C-6A82B7B7D767.jpeg

I like a Torx drive over hex, Badger Ordnance will sell you a couple of their 1/4-28 T30 drive rear screws if you call them. I just cut them down to the size I need.

Reactions: Space Jam Darimon