• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Recommendation for scope and rings for Savage 10 TR 308

ddietcoke

Private
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2013
Northern VA
Like buying new rifles but hate figuring out what accessories fit/work best.

If anyone has a recommendation for a reasonably priced scope and rings for a Savage 10 TR 308 Win, I would appreciate it.

Also, are the Savage 10BA detachable box magazine compatible with the TR?

I can't find too much on the 10 TR - even the Savage website does not list it.

Thanks in advance for any responses. If there is already a thread on this, sorry but I could not find it.

Hi, check this thread about 10TR:
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/showthread.php?t=175349

To Your question...

I used Burris Xtreme Tactical 30mm LOW rings for 50mm objective (Falcon optics 6-24x50 ffp).
Plenty of room for Butlers is left, even later when I changed the base for 20moa canted.

Depending on real outter diameter of chosen scope of yours, You could probably use even 56mm objective.

Anyway, Falcon should be changed for Sightron SIII FFP soon :)

Weaver or EGW base, Burris XTR low rings.

There are "better" options than the above, but I use each item mentioned and have not had issues.

No the BA mag will not work in a 10TR. The TR has factory DBM so you need to use factory mags (or a Darkeagle) or swap to AICS-compatible metal like a CDI or Accurate-Mag.

I plan on using EGW base, Burris XTR rings and my Mueller APT. I've met nicer scopes, but not in my price range and it straight up works.

On my 10TR I am using the factory EGW rail, TPS TSR low steel rings, and a SIII 3.5-10x44 with plenty of room to spare. I also use the Dark Eagle magazines.

Don't know much about guns, just love to shoot, hopein' to learn more through this forum. Anyways I have a Barska 2nd generation. 10-40x50 with Illuminated mil-dot recticle on my rifle the optics are super sharp and clear and the price does'nt break your wallet.