• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Recommendations for adapters?

TenZero

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2011
Texas
Any recommendations for an adapter for 1/2-28 to 5/8-24 muzzle threads? Seems like a simple thing, but I want to get the best piece for the job. Fairly important to get a precision piece in that interface, I would think. Thanks in advance.

Re: Recommendations for adapters?

Funny you should ask I just
Emailed YHM ...

MGD: (email to YHM)
"concerning the yhm 3400 (ss 762 direct thread) Do you sell or reccomend an adapter that will allow the 5/8 to mount to a 556 ar15 rifle standard 1/2 thread pitch."

YHM: (email to MGD)
"SIR, NO, WE DO NOT. I HAVE HEARD OF PEOPLE HAVING THEM MADE , HOWEVER WE OFFER NOTHING."

Complete email conversation so nothing is out of context. And yes, the reply came in all caps.
*shrug*

I like the Tros one that comes with a thread cap. It's what I ordered to use my 30P-1 on my Noveske.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/bar...-prod45432.aspx

1/2-28 TO 5/8-24 THREAD ADAPTER FEATURES/BENEFITS:

•Made in the USA
•Made from 300 series stainless steel
•Black oxide coated
•Concentricity is .0015 TIR, or less, to minimize the chance of baffle strikes
•Most commonly used on AR-15 rifles to allow the use of a .308 sound suppressor
•Have flats to allow the adapter to be tightened with a wrench
•Comes with a 5/8-24 thread protector

Now brandon,
Ive heard the AR15s typically have longer thread length and require a spacer (to fill the void and provide the can a shoulder.) Is a spacer needed, or on the other hand ; longer threads needed, such as a threaded hunting rifle (in 1/2)?

I can't exactly answer your question because I just ordered the adapter yesterday and my can is still pending. However, on the Tros adapter, it incorporates a shoulder towards the rear and I would think that would eliminate the need for a spacer.

Based on the measurements that I scaled from my computer screen, it looks as though the length of 5/8-24 threads are about ideal for the 0.600" of threading recommended for the 30P-1. It also looks like the longer 1/2-28 threads can be accounted for on the AR-15 due to the length of threads along the inside of the adapter.

When the adapter arrives, I plan to pull my flash hider and install it. I can give you more details then.

Thanks everyone. I have only ever heard good things about TROS products, so I that's what I'll go ahead and get. I also have a 30P1 pending. Appreciate all the feedback.

I installed the Tros thread adapter on my Noveske this weekend. Barrel OD was around 0.725". Adapter shoulder has six flats for use with a 3/4" wrench or socket. Muzzle stops 1/8" from the front edge of the adapter. Basically makes it a recessed muzzle now; which is a good thing to me. Threaded section for 5/8-24 is 0.6" perfect for my 30P-1. 30P-1 threads over the adapter easily but snug. Thread cap threads on flush with front of adapter. Overall, it's just a nice thread adapter.

I am with Brandon05-88: Installed the TROS adapter on my Noveske 18" SPR w/SwitchBlock and also have app. 1/8" recessed muzzle. I am using this setup with a Liberty Freedom. Snugs up tight and square and provides a very accurate, quiet setup. TROS for sure.