• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommendations for factory loads for rifle check

AkosPrime

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If one doesn't have access to hand loads, which I don't currently, and you were going to check out a rifle to try to find factory ammo that it liked best which 3-4 loads would you grab first? My plan is to basically buy 1 box of each and run them through the rifle. Assume the rifle is a modern semi-auto such as a LWRC REPR, POF-USA P308, or GAP-10. Appreciate the assistance.

Re: Recommendations for factory loads for rifle check

Federal Gold Medal Match, Black Hills, and if you have a tighter budget Prvi Partizan Match. in both 168 and 175s depending on length and twist. many say the GMM has the least ES/SD of all, but I haven't confirmed that personally. those are the best places to start. good luck

A few options:

FGMM 168 gr SMK
FGMM 175 gr SMK
Black Hills 168 gr SMK
Black Hills 175 gr SMK
Hornady 178 gr BTHP
Hornady 168 gr A-Max
CorBon 155 gr Scenar
CorBon 190 gr SMK
Applied Ballistics 175 gr Berger Tactical

These are pretty much the only factory loads that I look for. They go on sale every now and then and I'll try to stock up.

FGMM 168 gr SMK
FGMM 175 gr SMK