• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommendations for matches to attend in 2022

Feniks Technologies

Premium Ammunition and Loading Supplies
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2021
South Texas
With our production rifles being in full swing for 2022, we’re looking at getting the rifle out and about. ELR matches being one of the ways.

Looking for suggestions on 3-4 ranges/matches that are run well, fairly heavily attended (when compared to “normal” attendance) and in general a fun and good time.

So, let’s hear it.

Thanks!!

Spear Point monthly matches in Lincoln Kansas - the best
Randy Powell monthly events at Raton, NM
Castle Rock in Texas
Eastern side - Moccasin or Bear Paw in Virginia

osoh

For a 6.5 PRC to 300NM style rifle NF ELR is where it's at.

Nearly 200 shooters, AB on site Friday to get an PDM, Scott runs a great match that flows nicely and is in a beautiful venue that's challenging to shoot but not impossible.

I haven't personally been, but ELR shooters I personally know speak highly of the World's Longest Shot Challenge (WLSC) in Texas.

If I ain’t mistaken 2018 or 2019 was the last year they held the event - WLSC in Texas I think the property may have been sold.

I know the guys who run that. They are doing an event in April. Though I don’t know if it will be a “WLSC” event.
Its good to see events spin off and grow or continue, Travis had a good thing going and a excellent format at the original WLSC at Valdina. Jay’s got Castle Rock going well with two events for 2022. Look forward to seeing what set in Texas for 2022.

Cheers

With our production rifles being in full swing for 2022, we’re looking at getting the rifle out and about. ELR matches being one of the ways.

Looking for suggestions on 3-4 ranges/matches that are run well, fairly heavily attended (when compared to “normal” attendance) and in general a fun and good time.

So, let’s hear it.

Thanks!!
For a beginner, Black Bear matches are we geared towards getting into ELR comp. Spearpoint are mostly experienced shooters with established teams. Matches in TX will mostly be appropriate for a new shooter but Castle matches will be mainly for experienced shooters. Thunder matches are fairly small in terms of attendance but are a mix of established and new shooters.

Largest matches of the year will probably be Spear Point Round Up, Ko1M, Ko2M, Conquer the Castle and Ringneck if Steve decides to run it again.

-Alex

Reactions: timintx
Its good to see events spin off and grow or continue, Travis had a good thing going and a excellent format at the original WLSC at Valdina. Jay’s got Castle Rock going well with two events for 2022. Look forward to seeing what set in Texas for 2022.

Cheers
I really like the format Travis used , out of all the matches that is my favorite .

Tim in Tx

Reactions: oneshot.onehit
Come shoot the Frontline Fury match in Feb with me.

Is there any place to find info on these ELR matches besides Flakebook? Particularly the NF ELR steel challenge? Why is it so hard to find info on ELR matches compared to say, PRS/NRL? Looking to attend an ELR match this year, but info is scarce. Thanks.

Reactions: Mandalorian_Actual
Is there any place to find info on these ELR matches besides Flakebook? Particularly the NF ELR steel challenge? Why is it so hard to find info on ELR matches compared to say, PRS/NRL? Looking to attend an ELR match this year, but info is scarce. Thanks.
Safety first elr or tactical it’s called. Brian wink runs it. He keeps a good list

Looks like one needs to join to see anything, or it's another FB group.
Screenshot_20220109-115137.png

Sadly that’s where all the shit is gathered. On an anti gun platform. That’s actually the only reason I joined Facebook, MDs we’re going to all fb for match announcements
And it really sucks. I refuse to be a part of it. And frankly, you suck if you still use it to promote gun shit. My opinion. But I'm tired of hearing "I have to". No, you don't. You choose to because you fear losing money. It's as simple as that. Or, you just enjoy the platform. Good for you. But they hate you and they're not shy about it either. So, you should know that by now. I'll get off my soapbox now. If I offended you, good. I got your attention. Now get off FB.

You can’t offend me. It can be used for right wing propaganda almost as much as it can for leftist shit.
I was just quoting you. Not directed at you. Unless you still use FB to promote gun shit. ;)

I do promote gun shit on FB. Not my stuff but stuff in general. Lots of it. Most all of my posts are bashing commies, pointing out Rona is a fucking joke along with all their bs about it, shooting, and whisky. Also have a carnival page for our business. I don’t click on any ads or do any of their surveys. They aren’t getting much out of me. When it all comes crashing down, it won’t hurt my feelings one bit.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
The Frontline Fury in Feb. It's in Warrenton, NC at Frontline Defense

The Frontline Fury in Feb. It's in Warrenton, NC at Frontline Defense
Yeah looked at the website, but didn’t even see it on the calendar. All they have is a PRS match listed.

Edit: found it, just curious to what kind of match it was. Thanks

Last edited:
It is a PRS match. Where u lookin for something different? If u were, my bad.

Where’s a good place to stay ?

do NOT stay in Louisburg. That shit hole hotel is where dreams go to die. Tons of vehicle break ins and such. Stay in either Rocky Mount or Wake Forrest. If you decide on wake forrest, there are more options to eat and is nicer than rocky mount.

Reactions: Timo Turl