• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Recommendations for Multicam Stock Dipping

Defib

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2011
Nashville, TN
Hey guys,
What places do you recommend to have your stock camo dipped (more specifically, Multicam)? I've heard Lakota is the original in the field, but their prices seem a bit on the high side.
Thanks in advance

Re: Recommendations for Multicam Stock Dipping

Brothers Hydrographics right here in Tennessee.

Great work, reasonable pricing.

Ozarks hydrographics in Highlandville Missouri did my ATACS Bell and Carlson. Very rugged.

If you're adventurous at all I would recommend trying it yourself. I helped a buddy of mine try it out and it really isn't that hard. Get one of the hydro dip kits and a 55 gallon (or larger) blue barrel, then cut off 1/3 of the side, fill it with water, and dip away.

I would recommend a few trial runs on things you don't care to much about first (i.e. mags, etc). When done right it stays on nice a solid like. Although I can't say I've seen a multicam pattern before, but I really haven't looked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hydro dip kits</div></div>

Where can I buy a Multicam hydro dip kit?

Thanks.

Don't waste your time trying it yourself. Send it to Roberts Outdoors Hydrographics. They are great to work with plus a very well known rifle builder here on the hide uses them.

I've been looking into WW Guns . It seems that the amount spent getting a kit then having to clear coat etc... is more drama then me sending my rifle out to get done by a pro .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fenris</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hydro dip kits</div></div>

Where can I buy a Multicam hydro dip kit?

Thanks. </div></div>

www.ezdipkits.com

No mulitcam pattern but they do have digital, snakeskin and some cool skull designs...

I had Guncoat Northwest duracoat (in the multicam pattern) my AR lower, both uppers, sights, accessories, and magazines. Andy did a phenomenal job and it has held up incredibly well... even after a full tour in the sandbox.

His work is really clean, very nicely detailed... he does a great job. I can't recommend him any more highly.

If you check out his site, you'll see a bunch of stuff he's done in multicam, as well as all kinds of other patterns.

cheers,
punter

Lakota might be expensive in the same way NF is expensive. You will get a first rate job from them to include undercoat, clearcoat and a knowledge of where not to paint. For example, they know not to do the underside of picatinny rails so as not to change the dimensions. I learned this the hard way when I ceracoated some things.