• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Recommendations needed

Mchase

Private
Minuteman
Ok I know there have been a million “which one” polls, but I figure I’ll ask again

I took my wife shooting today for the 1st. Time and SHE LOVED IT!!!

When we were done she said “buy me a rifle” which translates into guy language as “buy us each a new rifle” ?

Anyway... she wants a 6.5 or similar $1500. +/- not including glass. Can be bolt or semi

Opinions would be appreciated.

9D03616A4993B4D7CDA702FF853390581E6830FA.jpg

https://www.eurooptic.com/Tikka-T3x-TAC-A1-LH-65-Creedmoor-24-1-8-Rifle-JRTAC482L.aspx

If you like the looks of this call and ask their best price for a twofer, if that's close enough to 1,500 for you go for it. If not start reading up on the RPR (Ruger Precision Rifle) and see if you think that will do.

Reactions: Bender and STROP
What will be the use 90% of the time?

If this is for bench and barricade use, Tikka Tac A1 or CTR in a KRG Bravo chassis.

Lightweight options are a whole other ball game.

How experienced is she with firearms? Rifles in particular?

A .223 T3x Varmint will allow her a LOT of training and practice with very little recoil for under $550. Good with bulk 55gr out to 500 yards for plinking/practice. With some time behind the gun, shooting and trying other people's rigs, and 2000 rounds under her belt, she can then have a better idea of what she really wants.

Though the Tikka in a chassis and Bergara options are great ways to go if jumping straight to 6.5

Reactions: Mchase
She’s new, but shoots pistols and AR’s with me quite often. So she has a basic firearm familiarity.

I seriously considered a .223 (even crossed my mind to throw WC super Sniper upper on one of my lowers. )

This weekend she was behind my 300win mag so anything less is going to be a joy to her.

Ok I know there have been a million “which one” polls, but I figure I’ll ask again

I took my wife shooting today for the 1st. Time and SHE LOVED IT!!!

When we were done she said “buy me a rifle” which translates into guy language as “buy us each a new rifle” ?

Anyway... she wants a 6.5 or similar $1500. +/- not including glass. Can be bolt or semi

Opinions would be appreciated.

The RPRs have been on sale for less than $1k recently. I've seen 6, 6.5, and .223. gun.deals usually shows you the best prices, worth the emails.