• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Recommendations on spotting scopes???

deeno360

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2010
PA
Hey guys, looking to get into a good quality spotting scope for the range and hunting, thinking around the $300 - $500 range. I was looking a bit into the Vortex series; Big sky I believe....What are your thoughts and what do you guys have in your kit???

Re: Recommendations on spotting scopes???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deeno360</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, looking to get into a good quality spotting scope for the range and hunting, thinking around the $300 - $500 range. I was looking a bit into the Vortex series; Big sky I believe....What are your thoughts and what do you guys have in your kit??? </div></div>

This site will give you all your ansers read it your question has been ansered here and Joanne is quite the guru when it comes to spotting scopes.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/msgboard/forum-3.html?sid=8123de75f4eb9f9ce78ea70ae6832e7f

Re: Recommendations on spotting scopes???

Thanks for the link, it is helpful. I'd really like to hear what others here have and are using??
Looking at purchasing a spotting scope for target confirmation to average 300 to 500 yards and wildlife watching out to 1000 yards. Really liking the Vortex skyline series with 80mm lens, and the digicamera adapter option is pretty cool too. The warranty seems hard to beat as well from what I hear about the company. My question here is about the quality, and performance of the scope? major difference between the standard and ED glass? Others you would recommend in this catagory that you feel is a better unit and why??