• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

recommendations

iliv2ryd1

Private
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2018
Factory ammo recommendations for new Tikka T3x CTR 6.5 Creedmoor 24.

for zeroing Scope and shooting paper up to 500yd. what was the most accurate for this Gun.

Thanks

Last edited:
Factory ammo recommendations for new Tikka T3x CTR 6.5 Creedmoor 24.

for zeroing Scope and shooting paper up to 500yd. what was the most accurate for this Gun.

Thanks
Would that be the PRIME 6.5mm CREEDMOOR OTM 130GR MATCH+ ?

Berger loaded ammo 140g hyrbrids.

good luck finding it online.

one or two on my LGS have it in stock.

awesome, awesome factory ammo. uses lapua brass you can re-use for handloads or turn around and sell for 70-80cents a pop

the loaded berger 130g hybrids are usually easier to find

Berger loaded ammo 140g hyrbrids.

good luck finding it online.

one or two on my LGS have it in stock.

awesome, awesome factory ammo. uses lapua brass you can re-use for handloads or turn around and sell for 70-80cents a pop

the loaded berger 130g hybrids are usually easier to find
Thanks

dont just buy one type of ammo.
for my 260 rem not creed (the are twins though), i bought 3 different types of ammo from copper creek.
SMK, scenar, and bergers.
new gradous barrel on my AX.
my rifle likes, scenar, smk then the berger.
berger didnt shoot nearly as well.
long winded, buy 2-3 different bullet types.

Yep, buy a couple different types and see what shoots the best in your rifle. For punching paper out to 500, you might want to try the Hornady American Gunner 140 BTHP. They're on the cheaper side and widely available, so if they shoot well, you can save a little money over some of the other match grade options.

Yep, buy a couple different types and see what shoots the best in your rifle. For punching paper out to 500, you might want to try the Hornady American Gunner 140 BTHP. They're on the cheaper side and widely available, so if they shoot well, you can save a little money over some of the other match grade options.
Thanks I can see by availability on some I may need to start reloading 6.5 sooner then later

If the plan is to reload down the road, it might be worth it to do what you can to scrounge up some of the factory offerings with better brass. Prime, any of the Berger/Lapua brass offerings, and Copper Creek offers both Lapua and Alpha brass in loaded ammo in a variety of bullets for the 6.5 CM.

If the plan is to reload down the road, it might be worth it to do what you can to scrounge up some of the factory offerings with better brass. Prime, any of the Berger/Lapua brass offerings, and Copper Creek offers both Lapua and Alpha brass in loaded ammo in a variety of bullets for the 6.5 CM.
Yep hookedonbrass had said that also. Not liking the availability I'm seeing.

Along these lines, who were the companies that would send you a work up of different loads to test and then load your ammo to those specs? I know one was Copper Creek, although I don’t recall seeing any reviews on thier ammo. I was thinking there were others, but came up empty on the search.

Along these lines, who were the companies that would send you a work up of different loads to test and then load your ammo to those specs? I know one was Copper Creek, although I don’t recall seeing any reviews on thier ammo. I was thinking there were others, but came up empty on the search.

Superior Ammunition maybe? http://www.superiorammo.com/load-development/

I don't think they're nearly as well known as Copper Creek, but there seems to be some positive reviews out there for them.

Reactions: Matt DeWitt
Also, OP

you realize that you can't just ask "what is most accurate for this gun"

you claim you've reloaded and shot rifles for 20 years.

you should know just because one type of ammo worked well in one Tikka 24" doesn't mean it'll work the same in your particular rifle.

that's why trial and error testing is necessary

Reactions: Kraze
Also, OP

you realize that you can't just ask "what is most accurate for this gun"

you claim you've reloaded and shot rifles for 20 years.

you should know just because one type of ammo worked well in one Tikka 24" doesn't mean it'll work the same in your particular rifle.

that's why trial and error testing is necessary
(y)