• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recommended Ear Protection

harry_x1

Khalsa
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2019
Hi Team,
I am new to night vision game and recently bought my first helmet+PVS14, plus thermal clip on and a night vision clip on.

The one thing that is missing in my helmet is a good set of ear protections. Can someone recommend what kind of ear protection headsets should I buy. I would ideally like to buy something which can support radio etc, whenever I get into that game. Budget is pretty flexible.

thanks for your time

Harjeet

Hi Team,
I am new to night vision game and recently bought my first helmet+PVS14, plus thermal clip on and a night vision clip on.

The one thing that is missing in my helmet is a good set of ear protections. Can someone recommend what kind of ear protection headsets should I buy. I would ideally like to buy something which can support radio etc, whenever I get into that game. Budget is pretty flexible.

thanks for your time

Harjeet
What helmet?

on the moderate end, sordins are a solid option and in the high end the ops core amp headset.

whatever you go with i highly encourage you to get the get that allows them to attach to the rails in your helmet.

Reactions: harry_x1
I dunno what the reduction in db you are wanting but buy the best you can afford. When I was in the service we used the yellow foamies from 3m (30 ish db) AND Mickey Mouse ear muffs and I still have tinnitus in both ears (2 pitches in one ear and 1 in the other) and I have significant hearing loss in my left ear. I was a Gunner’s Mate and a firearms instructor for 20 years. And I was on a ship that I had to go thru the engine room to get to my rack.
i taught or was working on or firing the following:
76mm OTO Malera gun
20 mm Oerlikon Cannon
50 cal M2
M60
M24B
870 shotgun
M9
sig P229DAK 40cal
M16

I always wore double hearing pro and I’m 51& can’t hear shit.
get good earpro.

What helmet?

on the moderate end, sordins are a solid option and in the high end the ops core amp headset.

whatever you go with i highly encourage you to get the get that allows them to attach to the rails in your helmet.
Thanks for these recos. The price diff is significant. I can afford the higher priced ones, but checking, if you know, what drives/justifies this amount of diff. Thanks for sharing your knowledge on this.