• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RECON AND NOMAD PDAs

Re: RECON AND NOMAD PDAs

You should be able to find a used older RECON very reasonably priced due to the number of people trying to upgrade to the NOMAD. I'd sell you mine, but they will not transfer my surveying software (very expensive) to a new device. I was offered $500 for my RECON with the software, hence I still have it. I also run both ExBAL and Field Firing Solutions on the RECON. FFS craters the old processor, but is still usable if you have time.

If you are in bad weather, the TDS machine is THE machine to have. Warning, it is pretty heavy, but can displace your GPS also.

I'm running Patagonia Loadbase on my Recon and it does really well. There are cheaper ways to do it with a std pda and an Otter box, but I have been happy with mine. If you watch ebay you can find deals on the Recons. Carnivore how are you running FFS on your Recon? I thought you could only run it though an SD slot on the device.

Looking into a recon. Anyone wish they would get nomad or is everyone happy with recon. I use a TSC 2&3 and love all the other trimble stuff, they make my fav products hands down. VERY tough. The TSC 2 has been through way more than it should have. I have an exbal on a palm piolt but it SUX. I neeed to upgrade. Got a droid with rugged case but it just aint the same as trimble. I want to do it right though

I'm pretty sure you can pickup a Nomad 900L new for ~1800. Also certified for Field Firing Solutions Delta IV.

If you watch ebay you can sometimes find a used one go for ~1500sh or less.

I've been hesitant to purchase as it's somewhat "old" in the technology world and not sure if FFS will ever release a new version with different requirements.

you need a PDA with a CPU of 624 MHz which is the minimum speed recommended for the Delta IV and V programs.

this is minimum......better is th NOMAD CPU 800 or 900 MHz

I've got a Recon with Exbal. I'm thinking about changing things up some. Seems like my most likely options are to
1. Buy loadbase to put on the Recon or
2. Sell the Recon/Exbal and buy a Nomad to run FFS. Maybe upgrade my Kestral to a bluetooth to intregrate with Nomad/FFS.

Other than cost any other thoughts on either of these two options?