• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Recording Spotting Scope?

tinker

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2017
north of philly
I tried using my go pro with a mount on my Leupold spotting scope today and couldn't see anything due to glare. With the naked eye it was fine.

Any thoughts on a good way to be able to capture good images/video?

Wondering if I need to use a telescope instead of a spotting scope.

I tried using my go pro with a mount on my Leupold spotting scope today and couldn't see anything due to glare. With the naked eye it was fine.

Any thoughts on a good way to be able to capture good images/video?

Wondering if I need to use a telescope instead of a spotting scope.
Lots of good adapters. Just google digiscoping. Lots of tools and tricks.

Reactions: LRRPF52
I digiscope a lot so I can look over vids of animals later to judge them.

Depending on what a guy wants to digiscope for, there are pros/cons to them.

The Ollin is probably the best for speed.

The Scope cam is great for different sized eye pieces and is easy to use on a different phone case.

Lots out there. If you let us know what you want to digiscope it might help.

I have the phone scope for the go pro. Not sure why but it is very hit or miss...mostly miss.

I see some videos on youtube and other sources like texas plinking were they are getting great video. I am leaning toward a telescope I have seen a friend use one.

I have tried an adapter for the phone but the go pro is easier to review afterward. I would much rather just pop a chip in the card reader than deal with a phone.

I've got the phoneskope adapters for my gopros on my spotting scopes. They work well.
When it works it seems to work ok.

Yesterday the glare was just so bad you could not see an image. I wonder if it could be the go pro itself. I never use to have an issue and it died and now they upgraded me to a 9. Perhaps the lens is causing it some how.

I have had PhoneSkope and MagView. So far I really like the MagView, provides really good images and very fast once you get your eyepiece on and mounted.

When it works it seems to work ok.

Yesterday the glare was just so bad you could not see an image. I wonder if it could be the go pro itself. I never use to have an issue and it died and now they upgraded me to a 9. Perhaps the lens is causing it some how.

I use my setup quite a bit and noticed that sometimes depending on environmental conditions, the image is harder to see the targets. Same GoPro, same spotting scope, same PhoneSkope adapters, just different environmental conditions.

What are the best I-phone Digital Adapter adapters to use with a Leupold GR 12x40x60 HD Spotting Scope?
The Leupold part #58380 is no longer available. The model # and Store name would be appreciated. Thank you.

What are the best I-phone Digital Adapter adapters to use with a Leupold GR 12x40x60 HD Spotting Scope?
The Leupold part #58380 is no longer available. The model # and Store name would be appreciated. Thank you.
Do you mean something like this? It fits on multiple different sized eye pieces and is easy to install on any phone/phone case.

I’ve been eying the Accufire digital spotting scope, built in recording function. Not many reviews on it yet, but I’ll probably pull the trigger on it soon.

I use my setup quite a bit and noticed that sometimes depending on environmental conditions, the image is harder to see the targets. Same GoPro, same spotting scope, same PhoneSkope adapters, just different environmental conditions.
A good friend came by my place today and played with it. He adjusted a bunch of the setting (on the go pro) and got it to work well again.

When I was at the range a few trips ago I recall someone (a less good friend kevin) paying with setting because it would overheat and shut off quickly. Kevin likely changed some settings on accident that made the glare.

I am still not sure what was changed today but now it works so next week I will try it again and see.

Planning on trying that hide 100 yard challenge again and hopefully doing better.

I have used several setups with a spotter and cell phone.
Leupold Mk4 spotting scope, vision pro shop mount, cell phone

Digiscope phone mount, KOWA spotting scope, cell phone (1 mile)

KOWA spotting scope, Longshot Hawk wireless to cell phone

The longshot is the most convenient