• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Recovered Bullets-lets see 'em

^ you need to work on your aim a little......

Yeah, pretty sad shooting on my part. My running average is to shoot a tree for every 15 years of hunting whitetail. (2) resulted in kills with recovered bullets to show for it. And I did bag a nice oak with a .50 cal Hawken while shooting at a whitetail being chased by a coyote. Sorry, no kill or bullet to show for that one.

necro thread I know but its a really interesting one .Heres my contribution , a 308 165gr accutip shot at 180m on a fallow deer,heart/lung shot and found under the skin on the far side.Deer dropped on the spot.
af9b0o.jpg

100. Gr barnes ttsx from my 6.5 grendel, 140 yds 1st shot blew out spine and was not recovered, the finisher wad recovered on far side of animal in the dirt

Resurrecting this thread on the new site.

175 eld-x out of a 7mm saum. Two cow elk taken this past season. The recovered bullet was from a quartering away shot at 200 yards and found just under the skin in the off side shoulder about 1 inch from exiting. The exit wound is from a clean pass thru on a quartering to shot at around 115 yards. Both were one shot kills. The first staggered around about 15 yards and dropped. The second stood in its tracks for a few seconds and then dropped.

Attachments

• photo53879.jpg
    photo53879.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 23
  • photo53885.jpg
    photo53885.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 25