• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RECS for "M-lock to Arca Rail Plate" ?

BuildingConceptsllc

Don't Start None, won't be none.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2020
    Alabama
    Looking for maybe 4" or so Arca plate to put on my AR-15 and one on my AR-308 rifles. (Possibly kits for stock mounting plates as well)

Who's rails should I be looking at really hard?

I love area 419 rails, but don't think they have an mloc specific plate that short. I've been thinking of trying defy gear plates on a couple of my ar's. They are cheap and look like they should work well enough. https://defygear.com/rifle-parts/

Thank you fellas. I looked at the odinworks one and kind of liked it. Everything I've gotten from them has always been pretty well done. I knew I could count on. The Hide to hook me up!

I love area 419 rails, but don't think they have an mloc specific plate that short. I've been thinking of trying defy gear plates on a couple of my ar's. They are cheap and look like they should work well enough. https://defygear.com/rifle-parts/
    Who is this Defy gear? Does anybody know the company? Web page looks sketchy when they list no names, no address, no phone number.....I guess I don’t like sending my shooting bucks to China to be turned into trash....

Who is this Defy gear? Does anybody know the company? Web page looks sketchy when they list no names, no address, no phone number.....I guess I don’t like sending my shooting bucks to China to be turned into trash....

@Defy Gear is a member and supporter here. Seems to take pretty good care of folks from the Hide. I don't know if his parts are sourced from China or not, but the actual vendor seems GTG.

I don't want to deal with any China crap. American made or I'm not having it.

I just briefly looked at their site and it looks like a small outfit from the USA to me, but I don't really know one way or the other. I'd also like to know if anyone knows anything about them????

Magpul makes really solid ones with a few different sizes. These work great on my precision AR.

Really? I'm not the biggest magpul fan but most of their stuff is good stuff... I completely dismissed putting any polymer rails on any gun... should I reconsider? My 308 is a carbon fiber handguard so I like the idea of polymer, but I worry it won't hold up well and may flex??? What say you?

Really? I'm not the biggest magpul fan but most of their stuff is good stuff... I completely dismissed putting any polymer rails on any gun... should I reconsider? My 308 is a carbon fiber handguard so I like the idea of polymer, but I worry it won't hold up well and may flex??? What say you?

They're not polymer, they're metal.

@Defy Gear is a member and supporter here. Seems to take pretty good care of folks from the Hide. I don't know if his parts are sourced from China or not, but the actual vendor seems GTG.
    I bought an arca plate and atlas lever from them on black on Black Friday. They are both very nicely made at a good price point.

Hi, thanks for your concern; it’s totally valid to wonder who’s really making your stuff.

We’re a small, family owned business just outside of Phoenix doing our best to make the finest gear possible at the best price. We wanted to offer a great deal on parts as an introductory special to get our name out there, which is probably why the cheap pricing has got your radar pinging that it’s offshored junk.

We don’t list an address or phone number on the site as our manufacturing / distribution center isn’t open to the public, and most of the time when you have your business phone listed publicly you just get relentlessly robocalled or solicited. If you need to speak to someone on the phone, please drop us a PM.
    I just briefly looked at their site and it looks like a small outfit from the USA to me, but I don't really know one way or the other. I'd also like to know if anyone knows anything about them????

I shot an M60 out of a helicopter with a Bud Light in my other hand once; if that doesn’t convince you that I’m American I can’t really help further.

Merry Christmas guys.

Reactions: J-Ham
    Hi, thanks for your concern; it’s totally valid to wonder who’s really making your stuff.

We’re a small, family owned business just outside of Phoenix doing our best to make the finest gear possible at the best price. We wanted to offer a great deal on parts as an introductory special to get our name out there, which is probably why the cheap pricing has got your radar pinging that it’s offshored junk.

We don’t list an address or phone number on the site as our manufacturing / distribution center isn’t open to the public, and most of the time when you have your business phone listed publicly you just get relentlessly robocalled or solicited. If you need to speak to someone on the phone, please drop us a PM.

I shot an M60 out of a helicopter with a Bud Light in my other hand once; if that doesn’t convince you that I’m American I can’t really help further.

Merry Christmas guys.

Ha ha! Thanks for postings guys! I think you probably made some fans here. Keep making great stuff! Merry Christmas.

Pulled the trigger on the defy arca plates. Can’t go wrong with magpul hardware and American made

Merry Christmas guys.

Thank you. I appreciate the introduction. Always nice to find out who is making your gear.

i think my radar pinged because your website doesn’t say made in the USA by American shooters or something like that....With so much crap being cloned in China and put on US websites, it is just hard to know.

It means a lot that you are on the hide.

Last edited:
    I just got my Defy Gear arca rail in. It looks and feels well made. I will be trying it out later this week and report back!

I would go with the RRS plates obviously. You won’t have to question the compatibility or standard of the dovetail cut, and we have multiple different sizes (soon to possible have more), and all our plates are tapped and ship with the optional safety stop screws which I place at the end of the rail/plate to give me that Picatinny’like recoil lug for when I’m prone shooting tiny groups.

Got some time on the range with both the Defy rails I ordered. I am very pleased. Very high quality and they mount up well. I did manage to lose the overtravel screws on one of the rails because I forgot to add VC-3 to them during install. I put it on everything else, just forgot those two.

Definitely recommend them.