• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Movie Theater Red Dawn

clintb

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
Anyone know when its going to be released??
Very nervous about it ruining the old one for me.

Re: Red Dawn

Well the bad news is the Communists nixed the movie and it's doubtful if it will get released anytime soon and if it does, the whole story plot of who the bad guys are has been CGI redone.

I was really looking forward to it, but as far as I'm concerned it's probably best the communist approved version never comes out at all.

When the original came out it was ok to portray the Russians and Cubans as the enemy because honesty was more important than giving a shit about being politically correct.

Chinese will soon be the mandatory language in schools.

This was a troubled production from the start. You guys don't half to have a knee jerk reaction to everything that doesn't fit the ideological narrative and call it PC. Was it PC to remove "Hereafter" from Japanese theaters in the wake of the tsunami? The reality with this new Red Dawn is that the world has changed since 1984 and trying to adapt a Cold War era story to today tends to be difficult. The based on the preproduction work this was aimed at being a franchise pic with sveral installments, but it had very little to do with the original film other than the premise of teenagers rebeling against an invading force. Unfortunately it wasn't well thought out.

I was actually looking forward to the re-make but it looks like I will have to wait.

Now it's a invasion from the Koreans instead of China, I saw somewhere it's done and should be released soon.

Hmmm, I don't see the problem with rescripting the movie to reflect the current atmosphere here.

It could be about Taliban invaders, moving enmass across the Mexican border. It's happening right now, as I type this, so why not make that into the "new" Red Dawn. They can call it Mooslim Morning, lol.

Watched a bit on Stossel about it.They changed it to North Korea because if they left it as China coming to collect on our debt they would'nt be able to make money in China with it.

They (MGM) is saying it's because the Chinese film industry makes alot of money off of American movies. It's money. They want the Chinese to see the movie too.

Hooray! Let's fuck up a classic movie completely for money! Way to go MGM. Fucktards.

Found this on that website...
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CIo0wRyj8RU&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CIo0wRyj8RU&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

UHHHHHH, ArmaHeavy.......The studios make movies to......Yup, you got it .....MAKE MONEY!!! No, really, they do!

so sick of good movies being blasphemed by butchering them into some more modern pc bastardization of the original awesome sauce. cmon, you cant do red dawn without swayze.

WTF! Are they seriously redoing the original? I'm sure it will be full of politically correct bullsh@t.

Well, we don't want to hurt anybody's feelings, do we? /sarcasm

I hope they drop the whole project.
Sounds like its going to be crap.

Ruin another classic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so sick of good movies being blasphemed by butchering them into some more modern pc bastardization of the original awesome sauce. cmon, you cant do red dawn without swayze. </div></div>

oh but they can, be like weekend at bernie's though

One would think that someone could come up with, say, a new script? RD is classic from when I was a HS senior. It was a Reagan-era classic.

Why remake? Why not write something relevant 30 years later?

Just my $0.02. I won't make it to this one. Cars II... I'm, there!

Cheers, Sirhr