• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Red Dot on Ruger MKIII

Re: Red Dot on Ruger MKIII

I've use the Fastfire IIs on several Rugers. The pic. below is on a paclite barrel. You have to use the rail on these barrels because the rear sight groove is not the same as a factory ruger barrel. Burris makes a nice mount that fits in the sight groove on factory ruger barrels that looks much better and sits a little lower.

photobucket-37080-1326503766580.jpg

Ruger MKIII with Aimpoint mount and Micro R1

25ca943f.jpg

Like many others there's a Fastfire II sitting on top of my Mark III.

Used to have an Ultradot on it while it worked I didn't care for the tunnel vision effect, weight, and height off the bore. The Fastfire is much better in all categories! Reminds me of the C-more on my USPSA open blaster.

I'd also suggest the Vortex SPARC. Warranty and I've seen them perform well on many platforms.

very nice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sgtlmj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bushnell
7401752948_4648e1a8a9_b.jpg
</div></div>

T1 on a Ruger FTMFW!!!

I have NO idea how to take pics but.....
Ruger mk 2 with pac lite upper 4.5"
AWC CAn
burris fast fire 3

dooz pretty gooder

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadeye351</div><div class="ubbcode-body">T1 on a Ruger FTMFW!!!

I have NO idea how to take pics but.....
Ruger mk 2 with pac lite upper 4.5"
AWC CAn
burris fast fire 3

dooz pretty gooder </div></div>

Pics aren't needed... Just describe it to us in a thousand words.

I'm running the newest Fastfire (either II or III I forget...). I had an Eotech 552 on it for a while. It looked goofy as hell, but it worked...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Short-bus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
551850_138155426321708_1707013692_n.jpg

Burris fast fire II. I like how compact it is, and the dot is great day or night for me.

Branden</div></div>

Nice setup. I like your nail color.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sled Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Short-bus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
551850_138155426321708_1707013692_n.jpg

Burris fast fire II. I like how compact it is, and the dot is great day or night for me.

Branden</div></div>

Nice setup. I like your nail color. </div></div>

lol. That's my daughter shooting. Does look like she needed to do a touchup.

Branden

I've got a cheapo Bushnell I paid $30 for and it works great. Wish I had one of those Burris Fast Fire.

My wife stole my fastfire to put on her MkIII a couple years ago. She won't give it back. Not going to argue the point
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bolt fluter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Branden,

What did you use to coat the polymer frame. Thanks.
grin.gif

Paul </div></div>

Frame is air dry cerakote Coyote Tan.

Branden

How do you guys like your Bushnell TRS's?
Gander has them for about $90. Thinking of picking one up..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sgtlmj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bushnell
7401752948_4648e1a8a9_b.jpg
</div></div>

7819329150_be11c4ed73.jpg

Here's the rear sight groove mount kit 317millhand was referring to. It works well to get the sight closer to the bore, however the mounting is somewhat of a pain...at least with the FastFire 2. The FF 2 requires you to remove the sight entirely to change the battery...not great because this mount style does NOT return to zero. This ,however, is not the case with the new FF3...where you can access the battery from the top. It also appears from Ruger's website that the FF3 still fits this same mount (410329).

You can see that the 4MOA dot is small, so the FF3 3MOA dot would be even smaller...but unless you only shoot 10 yards or less, I would NOT consider the 8MOA. (BTW the dot only appears jagged in the pic from the slow shutter speed taking the pic w/out flash.)

As far as the sight's performance, it's a death dot...I love it.

7819156798_fb4c29c422.jpg

My Ruger 22/45 with Burris FastFire II and Viridian C5 green laser sight. Really can't go wrong with the Burris, its better to just spend the extra money on a quality sight.

IMG_1187.jpg