• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Red Dot Sight!

branct06

KOPFJAGER
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2010
High Point N.C.
I am looking for a cheap (in price) red dot scope that is going to be reliable, something under $200 for my .22 AR. I want something that is going to be able to shoot well and not break the bank, all comments are welcome!

Re: Red Dot Sight!

Vortex Strikefire woulr be a great choice. make sure to get teh AR15 mount ring option. That will place optical center at the ideal height of about 1.5''. The Vortex Sparc is also a nice red dot if you want something a little smaller.

Sig Sauer STS081. Retail is ~199, but look on auction sites to find one for a lot less (110-130 range).

About the size of a compact Aimpoint. I used one for a year, and never had an issue with it. Made offshore, but they appear to have decent QC.

Same sight is marketed under the name ITAC Defense for a bit less.

You'd likely want a riser on an AR.

I run a Vortex SPARC on all my AR's for $199 you get a mount & a 3x magnifier with it .

I have been runnign a SPARC on mine. It has done well. Either that or the Strikefire should fit the bill well.

Bushnell MicroDot - light weight, compact, reliable, 3 MOA dot, & it's been running continuously for 1,000 hours on setting 6 of 11. You can pick one up for $79.00

Primary Arms is another option. Marshall has great products and is a great guy to deal with (hide sponsor as well). And shipping is always lightning fast!

Primary Arms

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outdoorsman9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex Strikefire.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/vortex.pl?page=vortexstrikefire </div></div>
x2...built a truck AR out of spare, and left over parts and needed optics...but didnt want to buy another aimpoint....the vortex is a badass optic for the price, if they sold it for $100 more i would still get it...

got mine at primary arms....great place, with a great staff...

bench

We have more of our popular Micro Dots arriving tomorrow. We have a line of full size red dots also. As noted we stock Vortex as well.

Thanks
Marshall

Gen7Glamor.jpg

There are a lot of aimpoint micro clones out in that price range, I bet they are all made in the same chinese factory and the differences are small. The VALDADA R.D.S. EDGE would be a good pick for a 22lr or any pistol caliber carbine, because it has exposed knobs. They sell for $199 with the mount. You might want to look at the C-more STS, it’s a little more expensive but it’s a nice sight and you can use it later on an offset mount as a backup.