• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Red dot zeroing target

Scrumbag

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2020
U.K.
Hi folks,

anyone got a handy print out target for zero a no magnification red dot on a rifle?

Thanks in advance,

Scrummy

I’ve tried all sorts of red dot zero targets but could not get any of them to work well. We just struggled to hold properly on them. Here is what we have found works best for us when we are zeroing with red dots. All our red dots are 2 MOA dots. We zero at 100 yards. I bought a punch at the craft store that punches out 3 inch circles. I prefer to use dark brown cutouts laid on white paper background. I can center the 2 MOA red dot on the 3 inch brown paper dot very easily. I also verify at 200 using a 6 inch brown circle target laid on white paper backing. Here are my 5.45x39 AK74 ( AK105ish clone) zero targets at 100 and 200. I can only get consistent holds on these brown dot targets. Maybe others can use the common red dot zero targets but we couldn’t
5DB564F6-38B3-41C8-B9FE-63C7E7192113.jpeg

I suppose you could print out a couple of those dots on a sheet of A4...

we did not have any targets to use for our dot system in Afghanistan. took some cardboard from MRE boxes. MRE can and sprayed black paint. roughly two inches and started at 25 yards. Once zeroed there we went out further--really as far as we felt like. Worked very well and easy to do.

I made this target to help me zero the offset irons and RDS optics for my AR's. I played around with a couple different iterations but this is the one that worked the best for me personally at 50 yards with non-magnified optics.

1632082177283.jpeg