• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Red Jacket 22 can

Jackalope33B

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2010
Sunny Florida
Anyone have any information on this suppressor? Looks a little pricey but curious to know if titanium is the way to go for a 22 can.

22 Red Jacket Vigilant-TI

Last edited:
Im sorry, I don't understand hood'onics

It's actually "Swamp'onics"

He's poking fun at the owner. On the show he used to say that line when he was "inventing" "game changers".

As for you question.... Run away from that can.

Top 22 cans:

Silencerco Sparrow SS
Silencerco Spectre ii
AAC Element 2
Liberty Essence

Edit to add: what is your use for this can? Rifle/pistol/both.
Do you want lightest/easiest to clean/quietest?

It's actually "Swamp'onics"

He's poking fun at the owner. On the show he used to say that line when he was "inventing" "game changers".

As for you question.... Run away from that can.

Top 22 cans:

Silencerco Sparrow SS
Silencerco Spectre ii
AAC Element 2
Liberty Essence

Edit to add: what is your use for this can? Rifle/pistol/both.
Do you want lightest/easiest to clean/quietest?

Argeed, love my Spectre II and silencerco is a great company.

If you have seen the tv show I don't think you would be asking this question

Im sorry, I don't understand hood'onics

You might have a hard time calling in an order with them if you cant understand that :p

Honestly though, I wouldn't pay that much money for a rimfire can. There are lighterweight, user-serviceable stainless steel cans that are over $200 cheaper.

I wouldn't use anything they make to quiet the sound of my toilet flushing. They are idiots with an FFL.

Last edited:
He's basically saying stay away from anything Red Jacket related. I would suggest looking at one of the TBAC 22 cans.

Best .22 can on the market today in my opinion is the Surefire Ryder

I honestly wouldn't even touch anything red jacket makes let alone pay for it and be seen in public with it. I'm an AAC fan for .22 cans.

I didn't care for Red Jacket after seeing all the complete bullshit on their show. I met the owner (think his name is Will?) about a year ago, and now I absolutely HATE them. Complete arrogant douchebag. I got a free t-shirt and used it for a gun cleaning rag. I will NEVER give them a dime, much less pay a premium for something with their name on it....

I would be interested in seeing the performance of a "suppressor" that was hacked out of a block of titanium with a hack saw and an angle grinder.... I say that because the few times I saw them try to use a lathe, they crashed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's funny I have never seen 1 positive thing said about rjf, so how are they still in business? Just that many ignorant people? I couldn't make it through a whole episode myself.

Who is John Galt?

Do you really want to buy from this she-male?

stephanie_hayden2.jpg

I have seen the "workmanship" of a RJF suppressor and can honestly say it is not for me. And I am being kind (don't want to be a part of the next lawsuit against SH).

Has anyone had a TBAC 22 can "jail broken" and converted into a serviceable can?

Has anyone had a TBAC 22 can "jail broken" and converted into a serviceable can?

Why? It is titanium. Dip it or send it back. They will clean it for free once a year. I really don't understand the hype behind take apart .22 suppressors unless they are aluminum.

--Daniel

RJF is in the same category as the "As Seen On Tv" crap. I think Wal-Mart makes better products, and i hate Wal-Mart!

Why? It is titanium. Dip it or send it back. They will clean it for free once a year. I really don't understand the hype behind take apart .22 suppressors unless they are aluminum.

--Daniel

Because its supper cool and the new thing all the kids are doing now. :) LOL

There is no logical reason to do that to a Ti can.

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

Why is Surefire the best....or why is Surefire's .22 can the best.....? Well the answer to both of those questions is......"Because Surefire IS the best"........duh. I own an AAC Aviator .22lr can.....it is awesome! I bought that about 8 years ago...still love it to this day...Surefire didn't make a 22 can then. Also own a Ti-Rant .45....Surefire doesn't make .45 cans....but they did make my 5.56-212 Legacy and after firing many many different suppressors....I now see why Surefire IS the best... ...hands down......no comparison. There IS an absolute reason to pay more for Surefire products. People crack me up when they say that their streamlight tlr is better than an x300 ultra...or any light by Surefire. ....I've owned steamlights....they suck if you intend to USE your accessories.

Last edited:
Why is Surefire the best....or why is Surefire's .22 can the best.....? Well the answer to both of those questions is......"Because Surefire IS the best"........duh. I own an AAC Aviator .22lr can.....it is awesome! I bought that about 8 years ago...still live it to this day...Surefire didnt make a 22 can then. Also own a Ti-Rant .45....Surefire doesn't make .45 cans....but they did make my 5.56-212 Legacy and after firing many many different suppressors....I now see why Surefire IS the best... ...hands down......no comparison. There IS an absolute reason to pay more for Surefire products. People crack me up when they say that their streamlight tlr is better than an x300 ultra...or any light by Surefire. ....ive owned steamlights....they suck if you intend to USE your accessories.

We are not talkin about stream lights. The question was why is the .22 can the best. It's seems you offered no actual facts other than your opinion which means nothing without facts.

Sounds like a fanboy rant, there are many great brands out there sure fire may be one of them but certainly not every sure fire product can be the best.

Very true...I did stray off topic. I dont own a Surefire Ryder yet.....I have held one. I have shot many suppressors in many calibers. Yes I am a "Fan" of Surefire. ...a great one. When I purchase something I don't like thinking....well maybe I should have gotten that one because "its better" or "thats the one that gets the better reviews" . I dont buy junk....and if we are talking .22 can manufacturers then I say Surefire.....we all know how easy it is to make a .22 silencer....hell, there are even vids on YouTube to show you how to make one. So, yes there are many brands.....but my opinion is that Surefire makes a .22 can with the same machines that make the best high powered suppressors....why aren't their 22 cans the best?

Very true...I did stray off topic. I dont own a Surefire Ryder yet.....I have held one. I have shot many suppressors in many calibers. Yes I am a "Fan" of Surefire. ...a great one. When I purchase something I don't like thinking....well maybe I should have gotten that one because "its better" or "thats the one that gets the better reviews" . I dont buy junk....and if we are talking .22 can manufacturers then I say Surefire.....we all know how easy it is to make a .22 silencer....hell, there are even vids on YouTube to show you how to make one. So, yes there are many brands.....but my opinion is that Surefire makes a .22 can with the same machines that make the best high powered suppressors....why aren't their 22 cans the best?

.... .... ....

You are still using a blanket statement with no facts. I could just as easily say TBAC makes arguably the best precision large caliber cans which means they have some of the finest machining therefor THEIR .22 must be the best... How is their can not the best?

Let me get you started with some "reasons"

Sure fire makes the best .22 can because...

Their can is x number of ounces lighter than it's competitor?
Their can is x number of Db's quieter than it's competitor?
It's warranty is x numer of years longer than it's competitor?
It's x number of inches shorter with same db reduction as it's competitor?

This is what the op is looking for. Not opinions

Your right man. I guess my opinion is my opinion. ...figured the op would be smart enough to know now that and do his own research on the Surefire Ryder. Do you go about your every day life nit-picking other peoples statements and opinions? The op asked about a red jacket ti can.....then it got swung to other cans....I'm a Surefire fanatic just trying to sway another suppressor enthusiast to the Surefire side. I apologize for not giving you all the precious little tedious wording you desire donr13. Surefire has also been posted on this thread a few times...maybe you were too busy analyzing my post you missed someone else saying a SF Ryder weighs three ozs.

I'm not about nit-picking but when somebody claims they know the "Best" product on the market I sure do enjoy seeing why its so much better than the rest. As I have asked from the beginning I only wanted to know why it was the best in your opinion. Let's say maybe I was interested in a SF can. Sway a suppressor enthusiast to the SF side....

And the previous post about weight says the warlock and Ryder are both 3 ounces lighter so I suppose it's a tie for the best suppressor ha.

Anyway, fun talking but I'll move on.

OP, I would not even consider the Red Jacket can. There's no "game changer" there.

Once again SilentG21 you offer the Surefire is the best at everything opinion with no merit to it. The best at what? Charging more $$$ for a product that does what many others can do for much less? Yep, that's about it. At it's price range it is competing with the likes of the 22 Sparrow which is going to be a much more robust can as it is going to be rated up to 5.7x28 as is the Spectre II at $100 less than even the Sparrow. Specifications wise, the Surefire compares closer to the SWR Warlock II as both are aluminum bodied suppressors rated only for 22LR, nothing else. Both are right at 3oz and close to the same length and the sound suppression numbers are comparable as well. The real kicker? The Warlock does all of this for over $200 cheaper.

Surefire dicked around with this can for years initially claiming they would have their own "game changer" and they failed to deliver. Quite frankly, they came up quite short as they have on a number of their cans. To be honest, there's not a single suppressor that Surefire currently makes that is best in class. None. To claim otherwise is absolutely ridiculous. They make a quality product, don't get me wrong, but the suppressor market has exploded in the past 10 years and the number of quality options out there only keeps increasing. There are a number of companies offering products with better specs, awesome warranties / customer service, and all doing all of this at a better price.

Last edited:
I bought the gen 1 element when they first came out. A decent can but the end cap likes to stay on the hosts and it is a PITA to clean.

I bought 2 Sparrow SS cans a few months back, while a little heavy for a .22 can, these are built like a brick #### house.

That new Surefire Ryder looks like the only SF can I would ever consider. MSRP and dealer cost is on par with the Sparrow but it is lighter. I will be watching for some real world feedback on them.

Red jacket jerkoff's

Anyone have any information on this suppressor? Looks a little pricey but curious to know if titanium is the way to go for a 22 can.

Just because they have a friggin stupid idiotic show. does not mean they have a can that is any better, just because it has, "Red Jackass" oh I'm sorry, I mean "Red Jacket" stamped on the side does not mean its going to be any better, than any other of the 22lr cans already out on the street now.

If you want to get the best, hands down, that won't cost you a arm and a leg for it, and it smokes any and all rim-fire cans out there, is the Sparrow SS. It is the best 22lr, multi caliber rim-fire cans in the market, today, period.

Just because they have a friggin stupid idiotic show. does not mean they have a can that is any better, just because it has, "Red Jackass" oh I'm sorry, I mean "Red Jacket" stamped on the side does not mean its going to be any better, than any other of the 22lr cans already out on the street now.

If you want to get the best, hands down, that won't cost you a arm and a leg for it, and it smokes any and all rim-fire cans out there, is the Sparrow SS. It is the best 22lr, multi caliber rim-fire cans in the market, today, period.

No its not.

Meanwhile, back on the farm, the consensus of opinion is run away from the RJF anything and do not look back. Also, there are several "very best suppressor in the world" to choose from.

Your probably right. What do I know anyway.

--Daniel

Clearly you are under the impression that I was questioning your vast knowledge of the benefits of titanium suppressors..... Don't get your panties in a twist. That isn't the case. Some of us would just prefer to not have to ship the suppressor to someone else to be serviced. I personally would prefer to open the thing up, scrub it down, and reassemble it without having to buy, mix, and/or store a batch of chemicals every time I want to clean it... Elbow grease is free and non-toxic.

Clearly you are under the impression that I was questioning your vast knowledge of the benefits of titanium suppressors..... Don't get your panties in a twist. That isn't the case. Some of us would just prefer to not have to ship the suppressor to someone else to be serviced. I personally would prefer to open the thing up, scrub it down, and reassemble it without having to buy, mix, and/or store a batch of chemicals every time I want to clean it... Elbow grease is free and non-toxic.

For one, The dip is no more toxic than you scraping the lead off by hand and being exposed to the lead itself.

I use the dip on all my 22 cans that are not aluminum no mater if they are serviceable or not so your argument holds no water.

Last edited:
Clearly your reading comprehension is lacking. I don't care for cleaning with a dip. I prefer a serviceable can. I don't give two fucks about how you clean yours.

OP, I would not even consider the Red Jacket can. There's no "game changer" there.

Once again SilentG21 you offer the Surefire is the best at everything opinion with no merit to it. The best at what? Charging more $$$ for a product that does what many others can do for much less? Yep, that's about it. At it's price range it is competing with the likes of the 22 Sparrow which is going to be a much more robust can as it is going to be rated up to 5.7x28 as is the Spectre II at $100 less than even the Sparrow. Specifications wise, the Surefire compares closer to the SWR Warlock II as both are aluminum bodied suppressors rated only for 22LR, nothing else. Both are right at 3oz and close to the same length and the sound suppression numbers are comparable as well. The real kicker? The Warlock does all of this for over $200 cheaper.

Surefire dicked around with this can for years initially claiming they would have their own "game changer" and they failed to deliver. Quite frankly, they came up quite short as they have on a number of their cans. To be honest, there's not a single suppressor that Surefire currently makes that is best in class. None. To claim otherwise is absolutely ridiculous. They make a quality product, don't get me wrong, but the suppressor market has exploded in the past 10 years and the number of quality options out there only keeps increasing. There are a number of companies offering products with better specs, awesome warranties / customer service, and all doing all of this at a better price.

This...the best post yet on Surefire.

The best option for a quiet .22 is subsonic ammo. AND whatever suppressor. In my Sako Quad suppressor, I was surprised to find a lot of plastic. Not titanium, gold, nitinol, aliminium, kevlar or carbon scmancy stuff. Cheap as dirt, works as a charm. With subsonic. As do all .22 suppressors. Dont blow a lot of money on whatever. Use them on the ammo instead.:cool:

I wouldn't buy, support, own, or use anything from Red Jacket. They are massive clowns with Dremels. Hell, the "owner" can't even have an FFL because of some guns he can't account for to the ATF.

Shady!