• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Red Jacket BMF-S-12 Shotgun Suppressor?????

A10XRIFLE

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2002
N Kansas City, MO
www.gaprecision.com
Any of you guys have one of these? either the suppressor or the Shotgun/Suppressor Combo?? Interested in performance and Feedback. Let Me Know.

Inquiring mind needs to know.

Re: Red Jacket BMF-S-12 Shotgun Suppressor?????

George,

John Pierce is making suppressed shotguns now. I think he has a deal with the USDA and some airports for birds or something.

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">George,

Have you went to the darkside?
</div></div>

LOL, No its just the fact that its a Shotgun Suppressor for an 8" shotgun, the Wads would normally cause some serrious problems in the Baffle stack, Wondering how this can defeats that. Interests me from a design standpoint.

The "wads" are usually the ones that do cause the problems........

Nothing new about shot gun suppressors. They have been around for decades. There are serious issues, very serious, when one has to deal with plastic wads.

I have seen two fantastic designs, fully operational and very heavily tested, one in FA. Extremely well made, extremely well designed, the best was a Californian design that was produced for private concerns.

Folks, three things.

1. Power is greatly reduced if suppression is reasonable. Clearing a room or ship's hull loads and ranges were the target specs. Choke is a big part of the effective design, patterns are loose and require close range for effective spread.

2. Shotgun barrels are most usually quite thin walled. The "PRT" design required a heavy walled barrel end and, as you might imagine, a thread/shoulder that required some skill.

3. Nothing short about a shotgun suppressor barrel as not only is volume required, but stripping off gas requires multi chambers and a unique end baffle. Barrels are short.

Do they work, yes. They work well. Demand is very limited.

Red hat? Their full annual sales wouldn't have funded that project.

For the elders. here is the XMAS stack silenced shotgun shells. Full gas capture 25 yards.

poofpop.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't suppressed shotguns a big thing in Europe? From what I've seen, it looks to me like they are integral. Like if it's an over/under you replace the stock barrels with a new set of "barrels". Something like THIS only I have seen some that are not as crude looking as the one shown. I believe it has to do with noise pollution/over crowding overseas. They are actually encouraged by the government....Go figure.....

762, new one to me, would have to hear it. That end chamber/end cap is a non starter.

I would imagine that you could run ports small enough not to strip chunks of the wad off. Although I have absolutely no background in suppressor design other than reading a book or two on the subject.

Now regarding Redjacket Arms. I really hope that show has boosted their sales, because after seeing it, I would never buy a firearm from them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now regarding Redjacket Arms. I really hope that show has boosted their sales, because after seeing it, I would never buy a firearm from them. </div></div>

+1 I wouldn't take a free demo from them.

Tac ops has been making shot gun supressors for LASEB. I would be interested to see how their shot gun suppressors sound on a shot gun. Might even have to get one.

Small arms review magazine had a good article on shotgun cans about a year or so ago

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't suppressed shotguns a big thing in Europe? From what I've seen, it looks to me like they are integral. Like if it's an over/under you replace the stock barrels with a new set of "barrels". Something like THIS only I have seen some that are not as crude looking as the one shown. I believe it has to do with noise pollution/over crowding overseas. They are actually encouraged by the government....Go figure..... </div></div>

Yup, common as rat-shit here!

My mate had a moderated .410. Yes, it's quiet, but I could swear that I heard the pellets hitting the baffles on the way out.
That one had the moddy muzzle mounted, never shot or heard the integrally suppressed ones.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Hey George, come on over I'll look after you and get your hands on one to play with for a while...
</span>
Neil

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">762, new one to me, would have to hear it. That end chamber/end cap is a non starter. </div></div>

Mostly the moddy's here are the 'sleeved' or 'over-barrel' design, in that the baffle stack is at the end, but the expansion chamber 'sleeves' over the barrel.

What you see in the second picture is the sleeve pulled back to show the baffle stack, and holes for the gases to run back into the expansion chamber.

The gun looks like the first picture, that's an o/u shotgun, but they also do Pumps as well.

Don't get all excited about us being "encouraged" to own suppressed shotguns. Our auto shotguns are limited to 3 rounds, as are our pumps, unless you have a firearm certificate, but then it starts to get very complex......

We have them available in New Zealand for shotguns , and I would not get to exicted about them in large guages like 12ga plus as the exit hole is very large , and where do you think a lot of sound is going to go , straight out the big hole .

I can see that on say a 410 ga , the suppression will be much better due to the smaller hole required in the can .

Also , subsonic ammo would have to be used as well , for max gain in sound reduction .

i'd imagine an intergrally suppressed shotgun would be a lot like an MP5SD (lots of little holes in the barrel).

it is not complicated. small to medium sized ports on the barrel. Angle them backwards about 10 degrees to help reduce a shaving edge. but, lets say 8 or 10 inches of barrel, you will need 3 baffles to divide up the expansion area. if you remember the red jacket episode, there first try did not sound right, this was part of there problem, they then added the baffles/dividers over the ported barrel. now the baffles in front of the barrel. you have to be careful and not have to much room in between them or the wad starts to expand. I would also suggest giving the inside surfaces of the front baffles a slight cone to help push the wad back down. I would only suggest about 3 baffles and a end cap in front of the barrel myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter McGavin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tac ops has been making shot gun supressors for LASEB. I would be interested to see how their shot gun suppressors sound on a shot gun. <span style="font-weight: bold">Might even have to get one.</span>
</div></div>

Well now, suppressed shotgun would be reason itself to move to a state that allows you to have one!!

I'm amazed that no-one has put on a YouTube or an explanation of how these things work. I'd get a suppressor from Red Jacket in a heartbeat if I they really worked.

Anyone? Someone?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't a pillow cheaper and easier? </div></div>

Yes, but a whole lot messier.

After looking at multiple designs of shotgun suppressors, it appears that the barrel is heavily ported and there are very few baffles in front of the barrel. The barrels run nearly full length in the suppressor sleve, which would reduce the risk of issues with the wad or shot spread in the suppressor. Very differnt design than a standard suppressor.

Kirk R

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't a pillow cheaper and easier? </div></div>

Yes, but a whole lot messier.</div></div>

Use synthetic fill, not down....do I have to think of everything?

Leaving the 'pillow talk' aside for a moment...

Anyone actually have or seen one of these? How do they clean? What's the baffle configuration?

I did a search yesterday and I can't find a single description or review. Makes you wonder if it even exists.

Company here makes them:

<span style="font-style: italic">The Shotgun Reflex Suppressors have a perforated barrel extension tube inside its body (photo above) running all the way through it, which will keep both shot and slugs from colliding suppressor elements. Although the tube is unchoked, the perforations perform the same effect as a choke by braking outer shots, making the suppressor about equal to a 3/4 choke with shots.

The limitations with suppressing shotguns are: 1 - With standard supersonic ammo the flight noise of shot is so high, that the suppressed noise is only 5 - 6 dB lower than as unsuppressed. If one gets or can load subsonic ammo, the noise reduction is quite enough for effective hearing protection. 2 - Only single barrel shotguns can be suppressed with reasonable amount of work. 3 - Suppressor affects balance and sight line of the shotgun.

Shotgun Reflex Suppressors are individually designed and built by special order for each shotgun. They are not available for export. </span>

Pic:
fog51x.jpg

4vfxbb.jpg

Rifle reflex suppressor internals.
XRS likely has some kind of baffles inside too. Or not.
2euu2ye.jpg

Company still makes them, but unfortunately their pages seem to be down. Can is called Reflex XRS, company BR-Tuote.
I had their rifle models, but not this one. Hope this helps.

Thanks JL!

Is this the same design then as the Red Jacket one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks JL!

Is this the same design then as the Red Jacket one? </div></div>

Dont really know whos design RJ copied... But this company was selling their model atleast 10 years ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont really know whos design RJ copied... But this company was selling their model atleast 10 years ago. </div></div>

That can't be possible. That would mean RJ didn't have a game changer
wink.gif

Was at a machinegun show a couple years back and Johns Guns had an 870 model. They said they were going to produce it, but I don't see it on their site. It was a replacement barrel with the supressor perminently attached. Looked like they modeled it after the one from the movie "No Country for Old Men".

Yea a buddy of mine wanted to get one and he said it's about a 2 year lead time on the suppressed shotgun from Red Jacket.

If I remember correctly when I was watching the Red Jacket show I think he said something to the effect that he is the first person in the states to build a suppressed shotgun?

I remember talking to Mike at TacOps back when I was ordering my rifle a few years back, and I asked him about his suppressed shotgun called the "Clandestine 12" that was featured in a SWAT Magazine article that is on the website. He told me the shotgun was patent pending back in 1996, and in early 2001 he thought they were going to be approved for 7 or 8 points but they received the full patent for the design.

Included photos from TacOps website below.

20pbki9.jpg

fji42v.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm amazed that no-one has put on a YouTube or an explanation of how these things work. I'd get a suppressor from Red Jacket in a heartbeat if I they really worked.

Anyone? Someone? </div></div>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xnyiCflj7B0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xnyiCflj7B0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Hmm.

I think I'll buy one and see how it works.
Supressors are cheap here, model in pic I attached should be around 150-200.
Will call to BR-Tuote at monday. According to their webpages, they have SPAS15 model available.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter McGavin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tac ops has been making shot gun supressors for LASEB. I would be interested to see how their shot gun suppressors sound on a shot gun. Might even have to get one.
</div></div>
I'm surprised that you haven't had Mike demo a Clandesine 12 for you. Two Tac Ops rifles and two more in-process - that'll be four. You need an internally-suppressed Green Hornet and a Gen 3 Clandestine 12 so you can have a stable of six. Next time you fly out to L.A., see if Mike can clear it with _____ to get you onto the SEB range so you can play with a Gen 3 Clandestine 12 (Titanium suppressor). The Titanium version handles much better than the SS model. BTW, the Clandestine 12 sounds like a potato gun when fired.

Keith

I HERE ITS AT LEAST 2 YEAR WAIT TO GET ANYTHING FROM RJ ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE ONE OF THESE I WOULD LIKE NO IF IT IS WORTH THE WAIT.DO THESE THING EVEN EXSIST LET'S SEE SOME PICS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter McGavin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tac ops has been making shot gun supressors for LASEB. I would be interested to see how their shot gun suppressors sound on a shot gun. Might even have to get one.
</div></div>

Lets see if we can get Mike to post up some info. Id like to see what makes them work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COTTON_00</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I HERE ITS AT LEAST 2 YEAR WAIT TO GET ANYTHING FROM RJ ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE ONE OF THESE I WOULD LIKE NO IF IT IS WORTH THE WAIT.DO THESE THING EVEN EXSIST LET'S SEE SOME PICS. </div></div>

Stop posting in all caps!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't a pillow cheaper and easier? </div></div>
good morning and good night

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woogie_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://sub-silentsuppressors.com/?page_id=144

Take a look at this page. A guy down in NZ that makes custom suppressors. And most of them are fairly nice sounding, and look great to boot. </div></div>
They're shit and the guy that makes them is a moron

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black Ops</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
George,

PM sent...

Mike </div></div>
Don't be secretive about it, we are all interested in your products.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">George,

PM sent...

Mike</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't be secretive about it, we are all interested in your products.</div></div>

Sorry Bro don't really feel like showing my product in a RJ thread
wink.gif

The Tac Ops 3rd Gen Clane 12 will be out very shortly so please stand by to stand by...

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mike
Tac Ops</span>

Interesting that you watch the episode and RedJacket claims that "Nobody has ever suppressed a shotgun" I get a little interested and I find that several companies make them and for a number of years with patentents involved and the works. Mike at Tac-ops sent me a great clip showing his. Very cool design.

Guess the producers of that show did very little due dilligence prior to that episode. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black Ops</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">George,

PM sent...

Mike</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't be secretive about it, we are all interested in your products.</div></div>

Sorry Bro don't really feel like showing my product in a RJ thread
wink.gif

The Tac Ops 3rd Gen Clane 12 will be out very shortly so please stand by to stand by...

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mike
Tac Ops</span>
</div></div>

I can't blame you there...I stopped watching that train wreck after the first episode.