• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Red Jacket Lead Time

Re: Red Jacket Lead Time

I'll take redcreek's take on the AK anyday. Even if you want it old school it's easy enough to do that with some style. Red Jacket's stamping looks like an epileptic kid went to work with a stamp and hammer. Now may just be the picture, but based on your picture, my comment stands.

- Brandon

I don't know how anyone can take the show seriously. I've seen a few episodes and they're a joke. Looks like they do most of their work with a dremel and bastard file...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buds444</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll take redcreek's take on the AK anyday. Even if you want it old school it's easy enough to do that with some style. Red Jacket's stamping looks like an epileptic kid went to work with a stamp and hammer. Now may just be the picture, but based on your picture, my comment stands.

- Brandon </div></div>

I just want it to go bang every time I pull the trigger. The paint job looks nice but I would be sick if I dropped it. Tacticool AKs just ain't my thing.

Amen to going bang with each pull. However, I tend to feel a little sick each time I drop anything, whether I scratch metal or coating. Never a good feeling no matter what you're up to. Glad you're happy with your AK's though. Beyond anything that's all that matters. Cheers.

- Brandon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rjprice</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buds444</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll take redcreek's take on the AK anyday. Even if you want it old school it's easy enough to do that with some style. Red Jacket's stamping looks like an epileptic kid went to work with a stamp and hammer. Now may just be the picture, but based on your picture, my comment stands.

- Brandon </div></div>

I just want it to go bang every time I pull the trigger. The paint job looks nice but I would be sick if I dropped it. Tacticool AKs just ain't my thing. </div></div>

As long as your happy with your rifles that all that matters and I sincerely mean that.

What I wonder is, what exactly they did to the rifles to justify the price? AK's are known for going boom with every pull of the trigger, so I just dont get it...

On one episode they had the kicker for the new Orleans Saints and he brought in an AR he wanted them to trick out and from what I saw they just replaced a few parts with so called "mil spec" parts, which the stock parts probably already were and put a cheap, non free float quad rail on it and called it tricked out. I was speachless...

Here is my opinion of tricked out on an AR:

So, I'm just saying, my issue is with Red Jacket and thier antics which cast a pall on gun owners and the whole shooting industry and I still havent seen what makes them the cats pajamas.

480_Red_Creek_Tactical_Apache_PTC_1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">American Guns > Sons of Guns

Evidence:

american-guns-paige-wyatt-1.jpg
</div></div>

Now that is a "cupcake"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is a cut lil shit. Think she needs a kick in the mouth to rearrange them teeth, a bit more belly fat, rattle can her make up,.......oh, and remove about 1/2 her brain, or at least enough to give her a stupid retarded laugh! I think her and momma both have fake titties? Maybe it's all the Jet Ranger rides that reduce gravity on the upper torso? Nice fake titties trump shitty makeup jobs and a stupid laugh everytime for this ole perv!!

One show depicts gunsmiths as hacks with a hillbilly mentality and the other as rich(as in go everywhere with a Jet Ranger) who charge a stupid amount for some piddly little shit that no one would ever order and both leave the impression that everything you shoot at blows all to shit!

Would be nice to just show methods and results performed by meticulous 'real world' smiths, their dedication to safety and their love of firearms. Guess that is just so NOT REALITY TV!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

As for your last comment "I bet if any of the smiths on here made it onto TV they'd get the same shit", I find that statement incorrect for the majority. </div></div>

I think people rip on them pretty hard, but I also think people would rip on them a lot less if (Will and his daughter) behaved and worked just a little bit more professionally. <span style="font-weight: bold">A good example would be trying to hire a welder and the interview is plunging a toilet. Frankly, that's rude, and that would not be how I would look for a skilled tradesman because it has nothing to do with welding at all. </span>

I think the guys in the back of their shop seem pretty hardworking. They are trying to put their best foot forward even though they aren't the most skilled or qualified.

I appreciate that those guys enjoy working with guns. That's something I can understand.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The one thing people can't take from Red Jacket is that somehow they get people to pay retardedly high prices for mid-range to low quality products.

Like a steel and aluminum Suppressor for $1500 by itself. They must be doing something right. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacticalJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the show and I like the cast. I'll keep watching, just as I did last night. If nothing else, just for a laugh! It dang sure ain't cuz of "cupcake"! </div></div>Aww common man, she isn't that bad looking.
smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rjprice</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got these built there before the show. Their AK work was as good as it gets.

009 by rjpricejr, on Flickr

010 by rjpricejr, on Flickr </div></div>
So did you dick up the gun by writing their name on it or did they when they built it with their bare hands and a dremel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rjprice</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got these built there before the show. Their AK work was as good as it gets.

So did you dick up the gun by writing their name on it or did they when they built it with their bare hands and a dremel? </div></div>

What are you fucktarded? Obviously you have never manufactured a firearm. You probably mount scopes on Wal-Mart .22s and call youself a gunsmith. Poser.

The issue is the quality of the marking...it's obviously not engraved, but vibro etched. Whether this was done with a machine or by hand is not evident, but the vibro etching is obviously different than the weapon identification markings above the manufacturer's mark. That being said, it follows a manufacturer proud of their work would mark their work in a manner matching the quality of their work. If the marking looks like it was done with a vibro-pen, then I question the quality of the rest of the piece.

Caveat emptor, the marking implies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The issue is the quality of the marking...it's obviously not engraved, but vibro etched. Whether this was done with a machine or by hand is not evident, but the vibro etching is obviously different than the weapon identification markings above the manufacturer's mark. That being said, it follows a manufacturer proud of their work would mark their work in a manner matching the quality of their work. If the marking looks like it was done with a vibro-pen, then I question the quality of the rest of the piece.

Caveat emptor, the marking implies. </div></div>

But it's an AK... so there really isn't a greater standard of quality to really aspire to. It's stamped steel, rivets, press fit barrel... designed to be made in third world countries.

If the customer really wanted a high quality firearm they would have bought something American manufactured.

It looks like a pretty solid AK build. The hand held dot peen marking pen isn't the best way to do that.

So, who is building quality AK's these days with a decent turn around time. I had Red Jacket build a SBR m92 for me a few years ago and I have no complaints. I've fired this thing alot and it has never had an issue. However, I would not have them build me one now after watching the show and seeing how they currently do things. Their price for assembly and refinishing a parts kit with shipping was under $400 up until recently, but I dont see prices listed on their site now. Some of the other companies are charging over a grand to pin an AK together. I have a Russian Krink that Im needing put together, but it seems like the Sons of Guns show has driven up all the prices and the lead times of everyone.

shes carrying coked and locked too, prolly still shoot her self in da cunt! but hey, id do her.....and her big faked booby mama too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Griffin Armament</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
But it's an AK... so there really isn't a greater standard of quality to really aspire to. It's stamped steel, rivets, press fit barrel... designed to be made in third world countries.

If the customer really wanted a high quality firearm they would have bought something American manufactured.

It looks like a pretty solid AK build. The hand held dot peen marking pen isn't the best way to do that. </div></div>

I agree...the AK was designed to be easy and inexpensive to produce, yet dependable as a thrown rock. If I was just trying to put one together with the intentions of having an inexpensive, dependable rifle for me, I probably wouldn't care about the final outcome. But when a customer is paying good money for a product, I'd do my best to not make it look like I threw it together as an afterthought.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">American Guns > Sons of Guns

Evidence:

</div></div>

You know, if those are modified and artificially enhanced, whoever did the work is a true master craftsman...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rjprice</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rjprice</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got these built there before the show. Their AK work was as good as it gets.

So did you dick up the gun by writing their name on it or did they when they built it with their bare hands and a dremel? </div></div>

What are you fucktarded? Obviously you have never manufactured a firearm. You probably mount scopes on Wal-Mart .22s and call youself a gunsmith. Poser. </div></div>
It is amazing the little knowledge known on this site. Obviously I am speaking from an experianced view point. If I stamped a gun like that and sent it out the door I would have been asked why I screwed over their gun? I have spent lots of time fixing crap like that on guns but you may call that shitty looking stamp something of quality. It just proves that you know much more about wall mart guns than I because I would never have to buy one to know they are the cheaper seconds. But again you must know nothing to think that is a good stamp job on a cheap gun. Regardless it looks like crap.

There was no reason for you to attack me with your "did you dick up the gun comment." I never said it was a good stamp job, either. I have Bulgarian AKs that are electro-penciled from the factory. That's the way they come. It's not a fine english shotgun, it's a stamped, painted, crude battle rifle you dumb-ass.

You are just another sad, pathetic think-you-know-it-all web troll. You ordered some correspondence gunsmith course from the back of shotgun news and now you think you're a gunsmith.

You: Classic loner. Bitter, divorced/never married/never had a girlfriend. Live alone. No real job & no marketable skills (no, mounting scopes on hunting rifles or hanging tactial doo-dads on ARs does not count as a skill).

Fuck off you clueless poser...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rjprice</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There was no reason for you to attack me with your "did you dick up the gun comment." I never said it was a good stamp job, either. I have Bulgarian AKs that are electro-penciled from the factory. That's the way they come. It's not a fine english shotgun, it's a stamped, painted, crude battle rifle you dumb-ass.

You are just another sad, pathetic think-you-know-it-all web troll. You ordered some correspondence gunsmith course from the back of shotgun news and now you think you're a gunsmith.

You: Classic loner. Bitter, divorced/never married/never had a girlfriend. Live alone. No real job & no marketable skills (no, mounting scopes on hunting rifles or hanging tactial doo-dads on ARs does not count as a skill).

</div></div>
I thought about not posting at all but if you were to write a counter part of who I am you would have nailed it. Your battle rifle(for being a safe queen and never seeing battle) has a really bad stamp. I don't care who or where you got it. I still stand on what I said, no reason to back down when you posted the picture all proud of your overpriced "battle rifle" that looks like a drunk sailor carved their name into it. Point is the picture proves the "Dicked Up" stamp, your attacks are typical. I did think I should show you my last rifle to prove my great skills. It even has a crap stamp on the bottom but I couldn't get a picture. It is a three barrel trident gun that was built by Red Jacket, I lied not me, sorry
smile.gif
Will said he thinks it will change the military as we know it.
o3fd1.jpg

Well big man, why don't you post some real pics of your best work?

I'm sure everyone would like to see your skills.

You know what is funny is that people are giving RFJ the time of day. And they are a joke a really big joke.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rjprice</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You: Classic loner. Bitter, divorced/never married/never had a girlfriend. Live alone. No real job & no marketable skills

</div></div>

I am all of those things, still doesnt change the fact that you bought a steamy pile of shit, that was engraved by a 2 year old. in summary, your a window lickin fucktard

.....please take no offense

Wow. You sound like strangedays! You must be his boyfriend. You spell like him, too. Another mall ninja poser....

Have a nice life loser.

Where did the pic go? I didn't get to see their "craftsmanship".

Man, I'm always late to the party.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where did the pic go? I didn't get to see their "craftsmanship".

Man, I'm always late to the party.</div></div>

Dont worry, here is a sneak peek of their new project

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id_uMkYVM4Q&feature=related

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where did the pic go? I didn't get to see their "craftsmanship".

Man, I'm always late to the party. </div></div>
Hey look I found the picture of the Fixed-income Analyst from South Texas.
oi6vbt.jpg

So where are the pictures of your gunsmithing skills, poser?

I thought so. As we say in Texas: All hat & no cattle.

I can just see you and team suck it living in a tough shed out in the woods.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rjprice</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So where are the pictures of your gunsmithing skills, poser?

I thought so. As we say in Texas: All hat & no cattle.

I can just see you and team suck it living in a tough shed out in the woods. </div></div>
Hey dumb nut you removed the dicked up picture because you had to look back and say yeah the gun rapist got the gun.
Limited M&P for USPSA I am doing more slide work and currently an old picture but will update when finished.
24zj8tt.jpg

Here are some of the ARs I have done.
16h1bbo.jpg

How a company stamp should look like,
91ayv9.jpg

A Seekins, POF build with custom duracoat job,
k0jc5c.jpg

A custom ruger 7mm remington mag.
1zd3uqe.jpg

An old Remington Target Master that has been restored to original condition. Was a rust bucket that had been sitting in a shop for twenty years.
1688won.jpg

The matching Glock 22 for the Seekins Build.
2d1qs14.jpg

Here is a LR-308 Build
qywqkk.jpg

Here is a Remington 338 RUM, Duracoat AICS stock, barrel and action.
inde1w.jpg

I don't have anymore time to offer my full "Screw You" Mall ninja wannabe. Here are some samples to look at. Your so pathetic you dream of being a mall ninja, yes you own their dream gun but never made it to the top you will always be a red jackass AK bitch for that I am sorry
frown.gif

No more wasted time with this clown.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard they are no longer making episodes, what i heard was the daughter's snaggle tooth wasnt a snaggle tooth at all, it was an alien named Quatto, it started talking saying "OPEN YOUR MIND TO ME QUAID" and it scared Will so he shot it in the face with a belt feld 12 guage. It really shook them up and they are on a safety stand down until further notice.......just what I heard </div></div>

Now this is just funny as hell, I don't care if you're part of the resistance or working for Cohaagen!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">American Guns > Sons of Guns

Evidence:

</div></div>

Now that is a "cupcake"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She is a cut lil shit. Think she needs a kick in the mouth to rearrange them teeth, a bit more belly fat, rattle can her make up,.......oh, and remove about 1/2 her brain, or at least enough to give her a stupid retarded laugh! I think her and momma both have fake titties? Maybe it's all the Jet Ranger rides that reduce gravity on the upper torso? Nice fake titties trump shitty makeup jobs and a stupid laugh everytime for this ole perv!!

One show depicts gunsmiths as hacks with a hillbilly mentality and the other as rich(as in go everywhere with a Jet Ranger) who charge a stupid amount for some piddly little shit that no one would ever order and both leave the impression that everything you shoot at blows all to shit!

Would be nice to just show methods and results performed by meticulous 'real world' smiths, their dedication to safety and their love of firearms. Guess that is just so NOT REALITY TV!!!!! </div></div>

so very true.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Little Z28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know how anyone can take the show seriously. I've seen a few episodes and they're a joke. Looks like they do most of their work with a dremel and bastard file... </div></div>

Saw an episode where will did not know what a depth gauge was and told him he didn't need one adn in the same breathe, he told him to eye ball it and tha twhat ever it was it was close enough....

HACKS.... But look; its an AK, your not trying to hit anything past 100yds anyways, so who gives a shit.. LEts not mention if yrou stupid enough to pay 1500+ for a stamped AK.... have at it....

Seacrest OUT...lol

just got this lil GAME CHANGER in the mail, it's a semi auto 100 rounds a minute paper puncher. I was most impressed with their engraving skills

stapler.jpg

stapler-3.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just got this lil GAME CHANGER in the mail, it's a semi auto 100 rounds a minute paper puncher. I was most impressed with their engraving skills

stapler.jpg

stapler-3.jpg
</div></div>
I was wondering if I can get that Game Changer in red? This is something the military could find some use for.

A .22? Really? If that is your portfolio of work that is supposed to impress people then it's no wonder you can only afford that hovel you live in. What pig stye. And clean up that yard, it looks like the fucking manson family lives there.

I can just picture you and VAJayJay walking the perimeter in your jock straps with those pink Barbie tactical Airsoft abortions. Bolting parts together from catalogs and painting the result is not gunsmithing.

By the way, your profile says you are a writer. Seriously? Even a fifth grader know this: Your = belongs to you. You're = you are. You don't even know the difference so obviously you only pose as a writer just like you pose as a gunsmith.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rjprice</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A .22? Really? If that is your portfolio of work that is supposed to impress people then it's no wonder you can only afford that hovel you live in. What pig stye. And clean up that yard, it looks like the fucking manson family lives there.

I can just picture you and VAJayJay walking the perimeter in your jock straps with those pink Barbie tactical Airsoft abortions. Bolting parts together from catalogs and painting the result is not gunsmithing.

By the way, your profile says you are a writer. Seriously? Even a fifth grader know this: Your = belongs to you. You're = you are. You don't even know the difference so obviously you only pose as a writer just like you pose as a gunsmith. </div></div>
I have kids and they have toys dumb shit, they play with toys in the lawn, the garden was not growing because it was right after the snow melted. I did everything on all the guns not just the .22 so maybe you should open your eyes and stop being such a bitter asshole. Your skin is about as thick as a plastic bag. At first I thought maybe you were just kidding but now I know what a sad little man you are. Grow up and while you are at it why don't you brag about that picture of yours again? Why don't you post some pictures of rifles you built? I guess it shows you don't know anything by the $1500 AK from Red Jackass who must have popped you ass flower when you purchased it so it cost you blood, sweat and tears. You say my lawn needs cleaned up, well at least my guns don't look like a child took a dump on them
smile.gif
Sad, sad, little man.

I just wanted to let everyone know I owe Mr. RJPRICE the fixed income analyst from Texas a full apology. He sent me a PM with his picture and now I just feel bad. He needs to feel like a “Big Man” and well I think his mental health may be in dire need of acceptance or else the pictures might keep coming. Make sure that not a single person here tells him he looks gay
wink.gif

smya.jpg

I think we are getting off topic here.

Is'nt this supposed to be the bash Red Jacket thread?

There should be a new episode tonight to comment on...

So, take a few chill pills, tune into Sons of Guns, see what stupid shit they are doing this time to make gun owners all look like aasclowns and get back to directing our ire in the right direction.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just wanted to let everyone know I owe Mr. RJPRICE the fixed income analyst from Texas a full apology. He sent me a PM with his picture and now I just feel bad. He needs to feel like a “Big Man” and well I think his mental health may be in dire need of acceptance or else the pictures might keep coming. Make sure that not a single person here tells him he looks gay
wink.gif

smya.jpg
</div></div>

Can't be me. I'm an AK guy...Remember?

Obviously I hurt your feelings. Seriously, dude there is no way could make a living doing that. And we know that a real writer would never mistake your for you're so you are not a writer either. My guess is that you don't have a job and if you do you are just scraping by. Now I feel even sorrier for you and your kids.

By the way, that's a cute tattoo you have there.

I still want to see their "engraving". Please repost the picture. For the sake of mankind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rjprice</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just wanted to let everyone know I owe Mr. RJPRICE the fixed income analyst from Texas a full apology. He sent me a PM with his picture and now I just feel bad. He needs to feel like a “Big Man” and well I think his mental health may be in dire need of acceptance or else the pictures might keep coming. Make sure that not a single person here tells him he looks gay
wink.gif

smya.jpg
</div></div>

Can't be me. I'm an AK guy...Remember?

</div></div>
The AK is there, you can't see it because your wearing it in your ass.

rjprice,

you sound as if you have a vested interest in that circle jerk that is red jacket, to get SO utterly butthurt when someone calls you out on that clusterfuck of an AK. Your not the guy humping quazimoto are you?

why did you remove the steller pic of you're awesome red jacket engraved logo? please re-post it if your're AK is so filled with pure awesome. OWN IT, dont be skeered.

I really apologize if I came off a little harsh, I initially thought you were some internet inbred dipshit, but now I know you really are mentally challenged and are probably licking the monitor right now, so I'll try and type slower.

Seriously bro, having to reach for things to talk shit about like someones backyard in a pic, or their use of "your" or "you're" is just sad. Grab your vagina and run your dickskinner with grownups. Don't be upset with us cause you got raped on a shit AK that looks more mangled than your mom's big montana roast beef gash.

you hang in there big guy, I heard you will get a medal at the olympics this year.

P.S. please check my spellin and use of your and you're and these and those and what nots please.

I can't believe I read this far...must've been hoping to see more pics of the ladies from Sons of Guns but all I got to see was some man thigh dammit!

Btw, I would love to see the AK engraving too...just for grins!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jetcycles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't believe I read this far...must've been hoping to see more pics of the ladies from Sons of Guns but all I got to see was some man thigh dammit!

Btw, I would love to see the AK engraving too...just for grins! </div></div>
Yeah that should smooth of the ice. It was all out of good fun but I guess not to everyone.
The man thigh picture was a shock when he sent it to me, trying to show the one AR he does own.
Sad really surfing the web trying to find someone to talk to because they are alone and sending them creapy pictures, just wrong.
I really do feel bad for him though, he came on here all excited about some not so polished pile of doggy crap. Talks big, talks tall, removes his proud dog turd picture. I would be mad also if I spent right under $1200 for this,
http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/index.p...rt&Itemid=4