• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Red spotlight for coyote hunting recommendations

Freediver111

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon
Caveat, yes I know a dedicated $8k thermal scope is the way to go for serious night hunting, but I’m a very occasional night hunter and not in the market to go full send on a dedicated night hunting set up for 6 or so night hunts a year. Plus my buddy that I coyote hunt with has a NV on his AR.

So, the way we hunt is if the yote comes in to within 100 yds he shoots, if it hangs up at 200 or so, I shoot with my bolt action and standard scope. We use some bright red lights and spotlight them when I’m the shooter. It’s far from the most ideal set up, but it works.

I’d like to buy a red light spotlight that has a little more oomph than what we currently have. What can anyone recommend that is in the under $100-200 range? Or am I asking too much for a marginal set up? I can take a straightforward comment, so don’t worry about my feelings. Thanks.

Edit: doing a little research, I see some recommendations for lights like the Orion m30C, Nightsnipe 750, wicked lights 403ic…….

Last edited:
I know a local fella that kills, literally, 10x as many yotes as I do and he only uses a helmet-mounted red light and a Fox Pro, and he doesn’t own a suppressor.

And I have a few modestly priced thermal thingies.

i used a wicked still have it even after going thermal they make good lights.

I highly recommend this brand. Product is awesome and comes in a nice case to keep everything contained. Batteries are going on 3 years now and I see no drop, charge fast. I mainly use the white bulb but I also have the red. They swap over super fast if you want to change. The scope mount it comes with is pretty decent if you want it mounted. I think for the price it’s by far your best option and I couldn’t be more pleased with mine.