• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redding 6.5 cm

Rude Robert

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2011
CA
Hi I ordered me a set of the 6.5 cm 3 piece Redding dies. Is there any other things I need with it other than the shell holder which I have already ordered that one too?

Hi I ordered me a set of the 6.5 cm 3 piece Redding dies. Is there any other things I need with it other than the shell holder which I have already ordered that one too?
Ah, Robert....are you familiar at all with metallic reloading process. E.g. case lube for FL resizing, neck lube (I used Imperial graphite stuff) for bullet seating, primer seating (yeah, you can use the feature provided on a press to seat primers but....nah), comparators with good calibers and or case gauges so you know WTF you are getting, etc?

If not, start reading and watching vids on the net. Lots of info

Hi yes I have been reloading since the 80's actually. I have never both anything for long range like this. I have a 30 06 223 and a variety of pistols. I use to do shotgun too, but no longer have a press for that. I both it as I did read a few suggestions on this time and redding came up as one of the better ones, so I ordered it. It came today and although the package was sealed, the die box was open. I have the 3 dies and one allen wrench for the lock ring. Was there anything else that should have been in there? I couldn't remember if someone said that there was some that shipped with extra punch pins, if not I will order some. I was on the fence about getting the Hornady ones as some have suggested that the quality wasn't that good. I can still buy some but I like the fact that you can seat the bullet with that micro die. The instructions don't look very good like the Hornady's and Rcbs dies do, but everyone already stated that on this forum. I was expecting that, already. I didn't get a chance to read them as I just arrived home and opened the box up and now about to take a shower and go to bed. I get up really early and its a hour to and from work and working a 12 hours shift it doesn't leave me much time until the weekend. I was just wondering now that I have it, what was all that was supposed to be in there. Thanks for all of your help and suggestions, Robert

Reactions: Baron23
With this set if want to load vld bullets do I need to order something else from Redding?

With this set if want to load vld bullets do I need to order something else from Redding?
Check and see for yourself
1691713816784.jpeg

Okay thanks I kinda of thought that along I just didn't know what came with the set. I haven't bought any bullets yet. I know that I want vld as I am going prairie dog hunting in September. I have about 1000 rounds factory ones. But I have 40 spent cases that I want to play with. I everything except for the bullets.

Sorry for the miss spelled words I'm in bed with the phone and I can't type with a hoot. I keep pressing on the wrong keys

Hi I had 30 new rounds that I fired through my Ruger Precision with my new Redding 3 dies set. I cleaned them up and then I Fl sized the 30 cases only damaged the first one with a dent but it was probably my fault going a bit too fast. I was using the rcbs lube and back in kali, where it doesn't stay hot 24/7 like here in North Texas that lube just doesn't to seem to hold up, I mean it seems to dry out and loose the slickness. What other lubes to you all recommend? I also order the vld stem and extra decapping pins which i received yesterday. Now I am just waiting to buy bullets, I need Vld type for prairie Dogs. Any recommendations on those too. I am fan of Hornaday but I could something else if better, thank you for your suggestions, Robert

Imperial Sizing Wax or Creedmoor Sports Brass Wax are two very good choices which are widely used. Hornady Unique also can work very well.

Reactions: TrevK
The micrometer is good if you got the d series. Bushing. Probably a .287 and a new seater plug (vld)