• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redding Big boss

dan25

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2012
Doesn't look like I'll be able to get my hands on a Co-ax press. I do have a 1/2 coupon for anything from the Redding catolog that I won. Is the boss and Big boss a good press for 300 win mag? How does it compare to the rest. Forgive me for my ignorance; I'm a newbie. Anyhelp would be aprreciated. Boss or Big boss. I already plan on getting there full length type s busing die set. If anyone else has a Co-ax, they can PM me.

The Big Boss II is a very nice and solid press. It will load very accurate ammo. People believe the press is the end all, be all of loading accurate and concentric ammo. It is not. The person pulling the handle is the end all, be all but I digress.

Get the Big Boss II and be happy. It'll eat 300WM with no problems and load accurate ammo for the next couple of generations.

Good to hear. Anyone else have input or experience with big Boss?

Get the Ultramag. It has more than adequate opening for the 300 Win Mag and all the leverage you will ever need for anything you can do on the reloading bench.

I have loaded 2500+ rounds of .300 WM on my Big Boss 2 and it is a joy. Using redding bushing dies there is very little resistance sizing and even less seating.

I don't have a Redding press, but I'll have to agree with the others. Ya just can't go wrong with a compound leverage "O" frame press. Buy it with confidence, and use it for the rest of your life. I bought a used one once, because it was a deal, but it was so close to being like my Rockchucker that I just kept the Rockchucker. Lightman

I have owned the Big boss,big boss two,and Redding t-7.cant go wrong with redding