• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redding Bushing 6.5CM....Alpha/Lapua and 140 ELD-M?

Hunt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2005
Tennessee
Can someone measure a 6.5 CM round and tell me the outside neck dimension for Alpha brass stuffed with a Hornady 140 ELD-M? If you have Lapua brass as well, can you tell me that measurement too? I'm wanting to determine which Redding type S neck bushings I need.

Thanks

Cant help you with alpha, but for lapua I use a .289. From memory, my loaded rounds are a few tenths over .291 (.2914 or so)

Can someone measure a 6.5 CM round and tell me the outside neck dimension for Alpha brass stuffed with a Hornady 140 ELD-M? If you have Lapua brass as well, can you tell me that measurement too? I'm wanting to determine which Redding type S neck bushings I need.

Thanks

i use Lapua with Hornady 140 ELD. Same as above, .289 bushing and ends up at .291 loaded up.

Yeah I use the Alpha brass, I'm 98% certain I use the .290 bushing. I'll be home later and have a reminder set to make me measure for sure.