• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redding surprise.

Pink_Mist

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Last summer I bought a set of comp case holders from amazon. They were shipped defective. A sharp bur was present which could damage the case IF you could force it into the holder. Totally useless. I contacted Redding and spoke with a lethargic individual whom instructed that I send them in for repair. He said they knew of the problem as others were calling in. I paid for shipping. Waited almost 4 weeks then finally they arrived. Well, a completely different set. I was pissed. 4 weeks for a warranty exchange plus I paid shipping! Time passes and I quickly let it go.

This time. I was neck sizing 6.5 Lapua and noticed decapping failure. I had a piece of stainless steel media lodged in the base of the case and it destroyed the pin and holder. This was for a comp S bushing die. No replacement part on any of the normal sites. I sent an email at 11:40 on Wednesday PM only to ask for the part number. Friday I found one in my mailbox with a new catalog. That means they overnighted the package. The polarized experiences baffle me, but I am happy. Thank you Redding.

From my experiences with Redding they try to make it right. I don't know how you got overnight service.

I've sent them a die I got a case stuck in pretty good. $20 and they removed it and polished it good as new. Seemed pretty solid to me in my experience anyway

I sent Redding a .40 seating die that was cut incorrectly along with multiple sized pieces of brass and bullets. I paid the shipping. Six weeks later I got the same die back with a note saying they polished the die. The die mic'd the same ID.

I sent Redding a .40 seating die that was cut incorrectly along with multiple sized pieces of brass and bullets. I paid the shipping. Six weeks later I got the same die back with a note saying they polished the die. The die mic'd the same ID.
You must have encountered the same person as I did the first time. Sorry man. What a discouraging experience.

I called them recently simply for a little advice on a die setting I was unsure about.

The person I spoke with was knowledgeable and got me straight with no drama whatsoever.