• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redding T-7 Turret Press Question

mfloski

Private
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2017
question for anyone with precision loading experience on this press.....because you are pressing the ram into the outer perimeter of the turret, do you get any variation when bumping shoulders or seating from the turret "flexing"?

The T7 really doesn't have any flex. The back of the turret is also supported so it really doesn't move. No issues so far, it's been one of the most popular presses on the market for like 30 years.

No, you should be able to produce precision ammo on that press. I never had a problem with variation caused by my T7…many other factors can cause variation but I wouldn’t start with the press being one.

It's a great press and zero variation. My only complaint is that the ball bearing used for a detent is not locked in, so when you're changing turrets, it can fall out if you're not careful.

Love my T-7 ... call me crazy, but I actually think I get more consistent shoulder-bumps and bullet seating than my Big-Boss-2. BTW ... for both presses, I feel like the Inline Fabrication ERGO style roller level is a "must have".

Reactions: Redfoot Ranch
There can be a little turret movement when you load the die up. But it is very minimal and consistent. It it not flex, but movement with the clearance between turret, bushing and cap bolt.

If you lap the bushing (reduce its length) on a flat surface and 600 sandpaper, you can reduce this to almost nil. Just leave enough so you can tighten the cap bolt and still rotate the turret.

I really like my T-7 and it produces great ammo.

I’ve had my T-7 for about 3 years and I love it! It’s build like a tank. There is a crisp, solid feel to everything. Glad I got it. Any inconsistency I have is based on other operations-I do not have an annealer and the hornady trimmer I have isn’t very accurate. But I’m still able to make ammo for competitions.

T7 is superb. The issue might be your brass. Anneal every time. Sizing becomes like hot butter. Super smooth. Best press around.

I temporally mounted Mine to a couple blocks of 3" square tube, braced and welded to my bench...been that way for 4 years now. ;)

Attachments

• 0920201542b.jpg
    0920201542b.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 45