• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Redfield a good idea?

CarbonMTN

224 Overbore
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
NV
Leupold sold the Redfield line to Academy Sports. I wonder if they are still any good. My first scope was a Redfield and I like them but they were under the Leupold house.

Thoughts on this redfield?

Killer deal if its decent.

When it says "minimum fisheye at max magnification", that means there is fisheye at max magnification, and likely fisheye at less than max magnification.
Do you want to look through shit glass?
I am a poor, I understand trying to get the most bang for your buck and I've been pretty lucky but I'd look to a well established company that produces fairly well regarded low priced optics. Swampfox, Arken and Sightmark come to mind

Leupold sold the Redfield line to Academy Sports. I wonder if they are still any good. My first scope was a Redfield and I like them but they were under the Leupold house.

Thoughts on this redfield?

Killer deal if its decent.

• 6-24x magnification
  • Wire Accuranger reticle FAIL
  • 100% waterproof and shockproof design for durability Uh Huh
  • 1/4 MOA turret adjustments FAIL
  • Fully multicoated optics Coated with what?
  • Minimal fisheye at high magnification FAIL
  • 30 millimeter tube
  • Side focus adjustment
  • Second focal plane FAIL
  • Includes a lens cover and clean cloth Well that makes it a deal!

For $250, of course it’s going to be made in China.

I have some redfields and they are fine scopes. But that was when Leupold owned them.

I would probably shy away from them and maybe lean more towards Athlon, Bushnell, or Vortex. At least then you know it has a decent company backing.

Save up a few more dollars and buy a Vortex Strike Eagle. You'll be glad you did. If not, there are plenty of Athlons, Bushnells and Vortex scopes in the PX.

Reactions: 308pirate