• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Redfield Accu-Range Scope Value

layzie12g

Private
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2012
Seattle, WA
I have a 1st generation Redfield Accu-Range I recently acquired from a local site. It is in very good condition. I have done a little research and was curious if these scopes are as rare as some people say. I have seen people buying them from $500 to $700 in rougher condition then mine. I was planning on building a replica M40, but right now my budget is too tight.

Is this scope something I should hang on to? I would like to build a replica eventually but I do not want to get rid of this thing if I will never be able to find one again.

2012-01-17203716.jpg

2012-01-17203748.jpg

Re: Redfield Accu-Range Scope Value

I started a build on a M40 a couple years back and was able to get ahold of 3 of them through gunbroker and ebay. They surface for sale pretty often priced from 400 to 600 depending on condition. The problem I ran into that was nobody will refinish the scope in the green anodized finish. They will paint it or powder coat it but they all look like crap IMHO. Hope this helps

Re: Redfield Accu-Range Scope Value

I have seen them dura-coated and it seems you will never get the real look. I read the anodizing technology from the 60s wasn't that great and is why the original scopes look how they do today. I personally do not mind some of the dura-coat jobs but it is not the "real" look.