• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Redfield Accurange Questions

DJD3

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2008
I have a 3x9 with the accurange. It does not have a top turret cap, but a dial type adjustment knob. Is this correct? Is there a way to tell the age of the scope. Tombstone intact, glass is very good and scope is not all ringed up, but does have a light ring mark. Approx. Value? Thanks.

Re: Redfield Accurange Questions

Sounds correct-for some calibers. These came with seems like 4 turret caps, each calibrated to cover a range of calibers. So if you put the scope on a 30-30 you would use cap "A", and if you put it on a 30-06 cap "B", or whatever, so the yardages that are marked on the cap would work out.

If it has a tall "target style" knob then it might be an Accu-track. As far as I know (but anyone correct me if I am wrong), it is a kind of BDC turret.

Accu-trac has a tall bdc type turret where could dial in a predetermined elevation based on caliber and bullet weight. It would also have the upper two stadia lines and range scale, different cams were available for different caliber and bullet weight. Accu-range are as pictured below, one can tell the approximate year of the scope by the serial number, although this is a rough estimate.
Redfield3x9021.jpg

I had one, that was like the one pictured above. I'll try and get a pic posted later. Thanks for info.

Here is a Redfield Widefield low profile with both Accu Track and Accu Range that I have had since 1980. It came with 4 different BDC knobs for different calibers and bullet weights.
RedfieldWidefieldAccuTracAccuRange001.jpg

RedfieldWidefieldAccuTracAccuRange002.jpg

Perfect, that's it, but mine is not a widefield. Saved me from posting a pic. Any idea of value? Thanks

DJD3, I sold one new without box on GB for $200, 3x9 round objective, oval eye piece, only one camdon't think theres as much of a demand as there once was.I thought it was a good price that I got.

The 2 I had in the early 1980s were too much of a headache. I hope you have better luck with yours.

I think I read somewhere that Leupold had bought Redfield. I don't know that for fact. It's just on my mind.

Found another one of these, it says Royal on the eye piece. Any info on that one would be great. Thanks in advance.

Hello
I am a new member here and found this thread on classic Redfield accu-trac scopes. I came across this Older vintage Odd Redfield wide-View accutrac scope last weekend, but I have some questions on it. It is super clear with no issues that I can see when looking through it. It has<span style="font-weight: bold"> no Redfield company address on</span> it's focal eye piece like my other Redfield scopes have. It has <span style="font-weight: bold">no serial number </span>either. Other than the one picture that shows it to be a <span style="font-weight: bold">"Redfield 3X-9X</span> below the windage adjustment turret it has <span style="font-weight: bold">no other markings on the scope.</span> It has a Yardage scale that goes from 200 Yards to 600 Yards when looking through the eye piece and above it has the Two thin lines. The center recticle is <span style="font-weight: bold">a Duplex style </span>but the Two upper lines appear to be just normal straight lines, I am assuming this is the yardage lines for the center body mass of an animal ? The scope is finished in <span style="font-weight: bold">High Polished black finish</span>, and the Yardage Turret is <span style="font-weight: bold">very Tall </span>as shown and attaches with a <span style="font-weight: bold">straight slot headed screw</span>, rather than the hex head screw I have seen on other scopes from Redfield. Is there a chance that this scope may have been a<span style="font-weight: bold"> Prototype scope</span>, perhaps for the Military use of sniper rifles ? If anyone can tell me roughly when it was made and anything about it, I sure would appreciate it. What is a scope like this one worth ? Thanks in advance for anyone that can tell me something about this scope. Regards, Hammerdown

Redfield_Widefield_Accutrac_3-9_X_scope_008.jpg

Redfield_Widefield_Accutrac_3-9_X_scope_004.jpg

Redfield_Widefield_Accutrac_3-9_X_scope_003.jpg

Redfield_Widefield_Accutrac_3-9_X_scope_002.jpg

Redfield_Widefield_Accutrac_3-9_X_scope_007.jpg

Redfield_Widefield_Accutrac_3-9_X_scope_010.jpg

Redfield_Widefield_Accutrac_3-9_X_scope_013.jpg

Redfield_Widefield_Accutrac_3-9_X_scope_014.jpg

Redfield_Widefield_Accutrac_3-9_X_scope_016.jpg