• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Redfield USMC

George Az

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2013
Northern Az
I got a ping from SWFA they have a limited edition commemorative Redfield 3 x 9 repop of the USMC scope. It looks beautiful. It sucks to be doing a new roof! Rats!

I thought about buying one till i saw it was a mildot reticle. They were so close to the mark only to fall very short

I'd buy one for my 22LR if the price were more modest. I like the mil dot for holdovers, not interested in a USMC replica for an M40 personally.

I don't really understand the complaint with the reticle personally. It's obviously not the real thing, so why not have a more functional reticle than the original?
I own a lot of rifles that are far more functional than classic models, but I still like to go back to the originals as well. Why not slap a Nightforce on a 1903A4? How about a DBM on a M40A1? Because it doesn't belong there.

The reason folks go vintage is to step back in time, try to see things the way those that came before us saw them, and gain appreciation of what they had to go through. Putting a mil-dot reticle in a replica scope that predates the Marine Corps' creation of the mil-dot by over a decade is just stupid and only worthy of a wall hanger.

Me personally, I would pay double that cost if they had gotten it accurate. Probably more even.

I don't really understand the complaint with the reticle personally. It's obviously not the real thing, so why not have a more functional reticle than the original?

A badger detachable mag floor plate is more functional, an adjustable stock is more functional, as well as a hundred other options. Would you put them on a M40 clone, no you would not. They dropped the ball on this one and frankly I'm quite dissapointed. It's not like they didn't do their research, they just didn't care, and that makes a big difference. Typical marketing scheme. If they were to respond it would go something like this... "The implementation and reproduction of the original reticle would have put this product above the targeted price range for our customers....blah blah". Come on Redfield, do you really think those of us building or wanting to build an M40 clone care if it cost a little more to get it right? No we don't.