• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

F T/R Competition Reduced 1000 yard targets for 300 yard shooting?

Nushooter

Private
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2012
Wondering if they make a reduced 1000 yard target I can use at 300 yards? I went to the official NRA target page but didn't see any. Maybe I just dont know where to look.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Reduced 1000 yard targets for 300 yard shooting?

pistoleer.com is a nra target printer and they have 300 yard F class reduced. mr-63f, repair center includes 6 ring which is all you really need. i am guessing that all " nra official target" printers have them.

The MR-63FC is technically a 600yd reduced to 300, not 1000 to 300. The main difference would be the size of the black, not really something that matters for F-Class per se. In theory the scoring rings would be reduced even further to make it more difficult in exchange for not as much wind, etc. @ 'only' 300 yds.

Case in point... some local clubs got a true 1000 reduced to 600yd target (LR-6) printed up... and the rings are noticeably smaller than a regulation MR-1FC. The main object though was to reduce the apparent size of the aiming black to something closer to 4 moa like it is on the LR target, vs ~6 MOA like it is on the MR targets.

That said... here are some links to some simulated MR-63FC targets that you can print out at home or work for practice/load testing:

MR-63FC 1 bull

MR-63FC 2 bulls

MR63-FC 5 bulls

I'd hate to think of shooting on a "reduced" target. That would be hard. The F class 10 ring is already only 1MOA, a reduced 300 would have a 10 ring that is inside of he accuracy of most rifles, the X ring would look like a small bore target! :p

X-ring on a MR-63FC IS 1.42" diameter. Not all that hard to tune a load that will keep shots inside the ring...
wink.gif

Thanks Monte.... that was just what I was looking for. I'll need to visit the next time I'm up in Washington. I own some land over near Spokane.....

Ken