• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

F T/R Competition Reduced F-Class courses...

LRCampos

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 3, 2006
Hi,

We have been trying to push F-Class in my part of the world but we dont have rifles ranges longer than 300 meters.

So, we took the oficial F-Class target and reduced it proportional to the distance (rings recalculated in MOA). We shot it at 200 meters and 300 meters (10 shots and 20 shots respectvely) with 1 minute each shot.

We shot it walk and paste as we dont have pits. But we have lot of fun.

So, for you guys that shoot reduced F-Class, which targets do you use (size of X and 10 ring) and how is your course of fire?

I would like to change some ideas and experience, specially because we are having a hard time to spot the impacts at 300 meters (lots of mirage).

Re: Reduced F-Class courses...

We use NRA MR31-C targets at 200 yards. It has a 3/4 inch X ring, and a 1 3/4 inch 10 ring. Three targets with 5 rounds on the sighter, and 10 each for score on other two. Total time 25 minutes. If your berm is built out of any color dirt other than black, cut holes in the cardboard the same size of the black on the target.The shots will then show up as light colored hole in the black.

I would suggest getting some of 300m targets from ICFRA. Not sure who sells 'em, I imagine someone in Canada does since they're switching over to ICFRA targets for DCRA matches as far as I know.

The ICFRA targets are actually *harder* than the regular U.S.A. targets for similar distances.

You should be able to shrink the 300M ICFRA target proportionally for 200M

Here you go take the PDF to your local printer and have them run off a batch of target centers. We used these target faces last year from this website.
http://www.safclass.com.au/downloads1.html

It is a great site and i really should thank them for the target centers as it saved our shoot last fall when we ran short

Trevor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johncx0</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We use NRA MR31-C targets at 200 yards. It has a 3/4 inch X ring, and a 1 3/4 inch 10 ring. Three targets with 5 rounds on the sighter, and 10 each for score on other two. Total time 25 minutes. If your berm is built out of any color dirt other than black, cut holes in the cardboard the same size of the black on the target.The shots will then show up as light colored hole in the black.</div></div>

Not to distract from this thread, I use the MR-31 for Service Rifle practice. Not too long ago from prone with sling and irons, I put 17 rounds in that 3/4 inch x-ring for a score of 198 and 17. Of course, this was just at 100 yards but the result made me think my fundamentals were pretty good that day.

Thanks to share the experiences!

Here is our F-Class 300meters target.
We started to make it in black/white, but it turned out to be too hard to spot the impact, so we changed for the blue target.
Even then, I think the better would be the white target with blue lines... as we usually use the 5 ring and number(in white) for sight in shots.

Alvo6BR-2FClassA19-04-09edited.jpg

And here is the 300 meters line in our shooting range. The photo does not do justice of the distance and terrain. The targets are at 300 meters and we shot from one hill to other hill in front.
We put a bright yellow sheet behind with 45º angle to reflect the sun light and make the bullet holes more visible. It works sometimes, when the mirage is not so strong...

P1000008.jpg

And here is the type of mirage we usually faces... not the same range of the previous photo(this photo was taken at a military range with pits), but lots of heat waves for us...

AMANF-CLASSMIRAGEM.jpg