• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Related to the thread about shooting in the match you are director

Dead Eye Dick

Command Spec 4 (formally known as Wiillk)
Supporter
Minuteman
May 18, 2020
North Louisiana
The question was, should I shoot in my own match. The results were, certainly but don’t take any points or awards, cash or otherwise. When Brenda and I held matches, we always shot, but IHMSA is pretty much a game where you are more, shooting against yourself and cash or monetary awards are not given. So..

Now, many years ago, when Brenda and I trained and exhibited walking horses, where big money was sought and changed hands, I have seen members of the show staff enter classes and take away wins from paying entrants. We had a class win taken from us at the Mississippi Charity Horse show in Jackson, Mississippi. We had a really, really nice yearling we were showing in halter. She was the class of the field. However, one of the show officials entered his little knobby scrub at the last minute and was tied first, with our nice little filly tying second. Yes I was pissed!

However, it was well known that the horse shows were almost always a scam. Big money was not only awarded not only to the winners but also behind the barn. Big Money

My favorite horse show story. A certain doctor who was the head of a certain major hospital, went to the chief judge at the National Celebration of the Tennessee Walking Horse show and put $100,000.00 in an envelope and gave it to the chief judge. He wanted his horse to be named World Grand Champion. The horse tied Fifth!

Then

A certain doctor who was head of a certain major hospital then went to the FBI to complain that his bribe had not been honored. He was cheated. His complaint, the main judge took his bribe and his horse did not win. Imagine that. The FBI did not take the case. probably a wise decision.

Pictured below is Brenda Lea on one of our show mares.
319DAD7F-C872-4234-8F52-808158B56418.jpeg