• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Bandit. He stole our hearts

Dead Eye Dick

Command Spec 4 (formally known as Wiillk)
Supporter
Minuteman
May 18, 2020
North Louisiana
I’ve always been the kind of fellow who believe animals have their place. Dogs are for guarding and hunting, cats are keeping the vermin down, Horses were to make the tie, preferably win their class at horse shows to bring our little training stable interest and there fore business, Cows, Pigs, self explanatory, though we did raise a registered calf or two for sale. But then there was Bandit.

Bandit came into our life on the side of the road on August 19, 2022. He was starving, parasite invested, and we were even worried he might not make it though the weekend. But he did. And we spent a fortune on that little rescue cat. He grew into the most playful but loving animal. A one in a million cat.

He stole our hearts.

Today he was playful as ever, loving his treats, curling up to Brenda, and he was playing with my shoes…….

A hour later he crawled up to me, crying. We drove an hour to get to an emergency vet. A blood clot destroyed his nerves and killed his rear legs, Nothing could be done.

I don’t get worked up over animals. They have their purpose, but Bandit, he was different.

IMG_0364.jpeg
IMG_0110.jpeg

You don't want to know about the horde of farm cats I have about.
Gotta keep the mice down, so we have cats.
Live in the country so we have coyotes.
They come, they go....
Funny how we get random cats that seem to be dropped off from people in this small town.
I'd say from 6-12 at any given time.....most have names like "gray cat" and "blue russian" ...you know, very personal like ?

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
I am truly sorry for your loss. I'll be honest. I'm much more a dog person than cat (allergic to many cat hairs). I'm working to get my own dog (we're a doberman pinscher family), but I'm butting heads with the insurance companies (many of which won't insure your house if you own a dog on their "dangerous breed" list (and dobies make all the lists... :mad:) . I keep up the fight. Until victory, I live vicariously through the Internet.

It so happens that YouTube is full of videos of a particular breed... "Husk-a-Mutes" (part Siberian Husky, part Alaskan Malamute). And it also happens that the dogs in these videos are all based in the UK of all places. Very sadly, the UK Husk-a-Mute community took a huge loss when one of its major YouTube stars crossed the Rainbow Bridge (happened at the end of January, just reported to us 3 days ago).

The owner family put out this video in tribute to Phil, the full bread Malamute. Phil lived to be almost 11 years old. Quite an accomplishment considering how many issues he had. Primarily, he suffered from Alopecia secondary to Cushing's Disease. Hence, the patches of lost fur.

It's a tearjerker at the end. Be warned.

The moments we have that are precious are few when we don't have them any more.

Sorry for your loss of Bandit, happy that you had found each other and had those special moments in each other's lives.

Know how you feel at this time. Seems like the best are the ones that others throw away.....The strays and rescues. Can't imagine our home without our 4 paw drive kids.

I have felt more pain from the loss of pets, than I have from people. Sorry for your loss! SUCKS!

I have learned that nothing helps mend the loss of a pet, like getting a new pet.

I'm not a cat person. But, it was very nice of you to save him and give him some happiness and a good home. He crawled up to you for a reason, you were his buddy and he was hoping you could help. You did your best and he had friends to comfort him.

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
I don't have any pics on this laptop of my old cat Misty (named after the song by Harold Arlen.) Here is our cat now, Jade. She has eyes the color of jade green. She is 18 years old and still doing good. She was a stray. She liked to pick fights with my dog, Shadow. I will have to find his pic.
1707427804421.jpeg