• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Reliable 30mm scope rings/bases

Megastink

Private
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2011
Eastern PA, USA
Hey all! After months of saving and shopping around, I finally bought my Weaver Tactical 3-15x50mm EMDR scope! I can't wait to get it!

It's home will be atop my Savage 10FP .308. I want to do this the right way, so I am asking all of you (particularly those of you who shoot heavy-recoil guns) for your opinions:

What rings should I use with this scope? I have pondered Burris XTR and Weaver Picatinny rings. I want rings that will torque down tighter than a virgin and STAY THERE! I will be lapping them and aligning them and Locktight will be used just to be safe.

I am also looking for tips on TWO PIECE BASES. I cannot use a one piece because the inside spread of the base mount holes is 25/1000ths off, which means that a one piece wont fit
cry.gif
Savage has offered to fix the issue, but I dont want to wait 8 weeks to get my gun back!

Any help would be great. Please let me know. Thanks!

-Mega

Re: Reliable 30mm scope rings/bases

I've been using the TPS rings with no problems except availability. They advertise no lapping and no scope canting when tightening. They come in the Weaver and Picatinny style. Just another option.

I was wondering the same for my 700 5r 308 short action. How are the standard leupold one piece base and rings? The scope is a vortex viper 6.5x20x44.

I have Burris xtr rings on a Weaver(brand) 20 MOA base. No issues yet on my 300 WM. I would suck it up and get the issue with your mounting holes fixed, you will be happier in the long run.

I have had good luck with Warne.

I have a one piece 0 MOA tac rail for a S/A accutriger I need to replace with a 20 moa. It may be for sale soon !

Nightforce.

I have a savage 10 PC with seekins rings. I would send it back to savage to have then fix it. I'd he scared that I might run into problems in the future. Seekins is great quality.

I use the Burris Xtreme Tactical. They are very solid. Heaviest caliber I have used them for is .308, but I have several sets and zero problems. The only thing that sucks is the 12 screws... Makes for a long mounting process.

I also have ran Burris xtr rings and agree mounting takes awhile but they held up well to a 7 saum shooting 180's fast heaviest recoiling gun I own.